5.1. / 5.1.2 HT for a 15.3' * 13.3' living room. What to buy?

ratnamg

Hi,

I intend to replace by existing 10 year old HT ( Yamaha RX 359 with Onkyo 4700 5.1 speaker pack) for my living room. I am looking at Q Acoustics 7000i or 3000 series cinema pack 5.1 packages and haven't found anything as attractive at the same price point. Someone advised that the 7000i or 3000 packages would not be enough for this room size ( given window/passage to next room etc) and suggested I go for floor-standers instead ( QA 3050 or Taga Harmony ) combined with bookshelf surrounds. I was warned that the QA 7000i should not be considered at all! Any inputs on what would be ideal for this room type ( living room/open areas) are appreciated. I propose to combine the speakers with a Denon 1400/2400 AV receiver. My usage would be movies:music 60:40. I have heard the QA 3050/3000/7000i and found all of them great sounding at different levels of course.

Thanks in advance for valuable tips and suggestions. A budget of more than 1.5 L would be a stretch, so Monitor/Dali etc please -;)

Yes room is bit large. Bookshelves should also be fine. You can look at polk signature or RTI series for fronts. Surrounds can be owm3. Subwoofer may be Bic PL 200. Along with x1400 7.1 system will be approx 1.5L

Hi,

I intend to replace by existing 10 year old HT ( Yamaha RX 359 with Onkyo 4700 5.1 speaker pack) for my living room. I am looking at Q Acoustics 7000i or 3000 series cinema pack 5.1 packages and haven't found anything as attractive at the same price point. Someone advised that the 7000i or 3000 packages would not be enough for this room size ( given window/passage to next room etc) and suggested I go for floor-standers instead ( QA 3050 or Taga Harmony ) combined with bookshelf surrounds. I was warned that the QA 7000i should not be considered at all! Any inputs on what would be ideal for this room type ( living room/open areas) are appreciated. I propose to combine the speakers with a Denon 1400/2400 AV receiver. My usage would be movies:music 60:40. I have heard the QA 3050/3000/7000i and found all of them great sounding at different levels of course.

Thanks in advance for valuable tips and suggestions. A budget of more than 1.5 L would be a stretch, so Monitor/Dali etc please -;)

Look at Bostons / Missions / Taga / etc.....

If you are open to preowned these are available but LOCAL pick up (Mumbai) only....no shipping....

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/mission-lx2-with-soundfoundations-stand.69006/#post-760179

Similarly, sometimes there I decent gear for sale....

My usage would be movies:music 60:40.

A budget of more than 1.5 L would be a stretch

You may also consider Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package at 25K on ebay.in + a Denon AVR 3300/3400 (90K)+ a subwoofer for 25K + a pair of ince-ling speakers..

But, you can also consider this if you are willing to spend/expand for a immersive movie experience in coming years..

AVR - Denon x 4300/4400..

Speakers - Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package x 2 sets.. One set for now & one set at a later stage.. Totally 10 speakers.. Either a 5.1.4 Atmos layout (or) 6.1.4 Layout..

Sub - 1 (or) 2 depending on your budget at later stage..

You may also consider Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package at 25K on ebay.in + a Denon AVR 3300/3400 (90K)+ a subwoofer for 25K + a pair of ince-ling speakers..

But, you can also consider this if you are willing to spend/expand for a immersive movie experience in coming years..

AVR - Denon x 4300/4400..

Speakers - Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package x 2 sets.. One set for now & one set at a later stage.. Totally 10 speakers.. Either a 5.1.4 Atmos layout (or) 6.1.4 Layout..

Sub - 1 (or) 2 depending on your budget at later stage..
Sir, you are recommending to spend a major chunk of budget on avr. I do understand that it is to future proof. But from what I understand, the major part of budget should be allocated to speakers to get the best bang for buck And get a budget avr around 40-50k. Please correct me if I am wrong. If someone gets not so good speakers, like this package, he won't be satisfied and have an upgrade bug.

Sir, you are recommending to spend a major chunk of budget on avr. I do understand that it is to future proof. But from what I understand, the major part of budget should be allocated to speakers to get the best bang for buck And get a budget avr around 40-50k. Please correct me if I am wrong. If someone gets not so good speakers, like this package, he won't be satisfied and have an upgrade bug.

An AVR with feature like Audyssey is very good to have, as it can lift your movie experience a lot..An excellent AVR even paired with a modest speaker package also will give you very good results..

Taga Inmove are decent 5.0 speakers package, and should be good as any BS offering in that price range..

An AVR with feature like Audyssey is very good to have, as it can lift your movie experience a lot..An excellent AVR even paired with a modest speaker package also will give you very good results..

Taga Inmove are decent 5.0 speakers package, and should be good as any BS offering in that price range..
I meant that if a person spends 50k on avr than 90k and 65k on speakers rather than 25k, won't that give better experience? As people say speakers are the main component that produce music.

I meant that if a person spends 50k on avr than 90k and 65k on speakers rather than 25k, won't that give better experience? As people say speakers are the main component that produce music.

Performance of 90K AVR would be better than a 50K AVR (in this case), which also translates to better experience with modestly priced speakers too..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back