5.1 Home Theatre Recommendations

eswarasai

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around the forums since joining, for home theatre suggestions provided by the helpful community members so far.

I'm currently planning for a 5.1 system for a bedroom in a rented apartment with room dimensions: 13 x 11 x 9 ft.
Budget is around 3 to 4L for entire 5.1 system including AVR, can probably stretch a little bit further, if it's worth spending the extra amount.
Usage: Movies, so in order to budget around opting for bookshelves + subwoofer instead of tower speakers for Front LR.

So far I've been able to demo the below speakers:

1) Q Acoustics Q3050i + 3090i + 3060S
2) Polk S50 + S30 + S15
3) KEF Q950C + KEF Q650C + Q50A
4) Klipsch RP-600M + RP-600C + RP-402S

I'm leaning towards Klipsch RP-600M (front) + RP-600C (centre) + RP-500M (surrounds) but during the demo, vocals were a bit bright to my ears, probably because of far seating distance (>12ft) in the demo room and the speakers were on high volume? Planning to go for another round of demo this weekend.

Another option I was looking at is KEF Q350 (front) + KEF Q650C (centre) + KEF Q150 (surrounds). I liked the KEF demo although it was towers, so can I opt for bookshelf version hoping to have similar performance and having a decent sub to pair with them?

Subwoofer: SVS-PB 1000 Pro vs REL HT/1003 vs Rythmik LV12F, any particular preference or alternate recommendations? I'm yet to demo these models in particular.

AVR: Denon x1700H vs Denon x2700H, probably depends on whichever speakers I opt for, especially considering how power hungry the KEF speakers are.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions, preferably the models which are available for demo within Bangalore and also dealer contacts who offers better discounts.

Appreciate your time and efforts in helping fellow enthusiast. Thanks :)

Subwoofer: SVS-PB 1000 Pro vs REL HT/1003 vs Rythmik LV12F, any particular preference or alternate recommendations? I'm yet to demo these models in particular.
My vote will be for the rythmik LV12F but not sure if it is available now. Last I checked with rythmik it’s going to be replaced by LV12M which is the downsized version of LV12F. You should skip the relHT1003 and go for the HT1205. Other sub u can consider is the rythmik L12. Since you are purchasing from scratch try to get a dealer who can get u all the gears. Bulk buy from one dealer will give you more discounts

AVR: Denon x1700H vs Denon x2700H, probably depends on whichever speakers I opt for, especially considering how power hungry the KEF speakers are.
Current pricing is very bad and for a 5.1 set up go for Yamaha. The equivalent models are priced less in Yamaha

I had looked for both LV12F and PB1000 pro till a month back but both were out of stock with no assurance of restock timeline. Got the XTZ 12.17 and enjoying every bit of it. The 12.17 Edge is even better. The build quality and weight of the sub itself is testimonial of the overall quality.
Coming to speakers, you can add Dali Oberon and Indiqaudio to your shortlist.

Appreciate the quick responses as well as the recommendations

My vote will be for the rythmik LV12F but not sure if it is available now. Last I checked with rythmik it’s going to be replaced by LV12M which is the downsized version of LV12F. You should skip the relHT1003 and go for the HT1205. Other sub u can consider is the rythmik L12. Since you are purchasing from scratch try to get a dealer who can get u all the gears. Bulk buy from one dealer will give you more discounts
Getting either Rythmik or REL subwoofer demo as well as stock has been difficult. Will try to update the thread once I'm able to find the same.

Current pricing is very bad and for a 5.1 set up go for Yamaha. The equivalent models are priced less in Yamaha
Reason behind opting for Denon x1700H is for better room calibration, more HDMI 2.1 inputs and an option to add heights, if at all situation permits in the future. Is there a similar model in Yamaha that you'd recommend? Pricing is for sure bad in the current situation, but they're expected to only go up in the future, I guess.

I had looked for both LV12F and PB1000 pro till a month back but both were out of stock with no assurance of restock timeline. Got the XTZ 12.17 and enjoying every bit of it. The 12.17 Edge is even better. The build quality and weight of the sub itself is testimonial of the overall quality.
Coming to speakers, you can add Dali Oberon and Indiqaudio to your shortlist.
Thanks for the XTZ recommendation, will add that to my demo list. Regarding the speakers, can you help me with a particular models you'd recommend under the provided budget around 2 to 2.5L for speakers alone?

Since you have a good budget for speakers, apart from the Oberon series in Dali, you can look at the combination of Opticon Vokal+Opticon 1 MK2+Alteco C1. Read up online and you will get to know how good both Opticon and Oberon is.

In Indiqaudio, you can get in touch directly with the owners for a detailed discussion. Call them up.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back