5.1 Setup.

linuxtechie

Folks,

Some time (months) back I had posted a similar request for advice and back then I had been advised to go for a good stereo amplifier or a 5.1 that's just good with movies.

On stereo front, I am quite decided on Norge 1k + Wharfdale 9.2. I was planning for an audition with them with Mr. Behram (Silo), however the shop is not yet setup and hence couldn't do it (Mr. Behram did offer for an audition at home, however, I am not committal on that).

Nevertheless, I had a look at Chroma, found onkyo just boomy, it's sub just won't shutup. Then mine eyes caught a price tag of 16k for Yamaha 463. I found it rather tempting and it sounded good (hmm warm/vibrant/better). Since I would like to have a 5.1 anyway for movies, can you recommend me some speaker set to go with it?

Also let me know if 463 at that price is good enough, or I am missing something.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Oh yes, the living size is 16"x18". Thats where the 5.1 is going to go. LCD and speaker being on the 16" walls. Forgot to add, I am not inclined in spending too much on movie setup.

+LT

Onkyo's have a tendency to boom but with fine tuning of the avr can make them shine.

Hi,
Can u pls explain more on the fine tuning part. I have the onkyo s6200 HTIB.The sub is 290W and its quite boomy. The bass is not clear. is there something that i can tune to get a clear bass?

Cheers,
Amuthan

Hi Linuxtechie,

Are you planning to have separate setup fro music and movies?

Has Behram's shop relocated?
If you would wish, you can have listen Norge 2060 with Wharfedale 9.2 at my home. I am also having RX-V463.

Thanks.

Hi,
Can u pls explain more on the fine tuning part. I have the onkyo s6200 HTIB.The sub is 290W and its quite boomy. The bass is not clear. is there something that i can tune to get a clear bass?

Cheers,
Amuthan

Strange, I have not 'fine tuned" my 6200 as such but what I get is pure tight power bass, no boomy what so ever, and I am very happy about its performance (infact sub it the best part after the AVR in this setup if you ask me) I think its the room acoustics and the placement of the woofer that is causing the problem.

Hi Linuxtechie,

Are you planning to have separate setup fro music and movies?

Has Behram's shop relocated?
If you would wish, you can have listen Norge 2060 with Wharfedale 9.2 at my home. I am also having RX-V463.

Thanks.

Cool, please pm your address. Yup the shop has relocated at the camp. However its not setup yet.

+LT

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back