50" PK750 price needed

siddh

Hey guys,
If anyone knows the price of PK750 it will be of gr8 help. If pricing is worth the money as 550 i will go for 750 as it comes with some additional benefits. The guys here in pune have prices for 550 and 950. For PK750 the price still remains a mystery. thanks in advance.
sid.

PK750 and 950? Are these models even gonna be launched in India first of all? Even the PK550 has not been updated on the LG India website as on date. All these models are available in the US market, and I don't see good reviews on the PK750 and 950. Whereas the PK550 has good reviews.

Just as a matter of interest, what are the Pune dealers quoting for the 50PK550 and 50PK950?

The PK550 plasma already has its list of owners growing on this forum - just today a 4th owner has been added to the list!

---Venkat

Hi,

Brochure for PK 950 is with the dealers in pune. So 950 will be launched. I don't know about 750. The brochure is not available. Price in pune for 50" 550 is 67,500/- neg and 60" PK 950 is 1,50,000/- neg.

I am cribbing for the 750 coz it can play HD Divx while 550 plays SD Divx. Also i think 550 is not wi-fi ready. If the price for 750 is more than 8,000 to 10,000 as compared to 550 i would consider it. I have also seen not so good reviews for 750 and 950 but would rather see myself and then decide.

thanks
sid.

Just thought I'd post an update here. I had been to a consumer electronics and home appliances fair here in Chennai on Saturday (near Royapettah YMCA) and LG had a huge stall with their full range of LCDs and plasmas.

Guess what - the 60PK950 plasma has been launched. And it looked amazing. The blacks were fantastic too, compared to the rest of the range - PJ350, PJ650, PJ560 - which were all wall mounted in the same stall. Both 42 and 50 inch panels were there.

The MRP of the 60PK950 was quoted at 170k while the final price would be somewhere around 110k. This panel is fully imported and sports a "Made in Korea" sticker on the panel. It is WiFi capable, has a Tru Black Filter for deeper blacks, and has 2 USB ports on the side (with HD playback capability) and 4 HDMI ports. The design of the panel and base was very sleek, elegant and rich looking. Looked to be worth every rupee of that 110k price. Considering the Panasonic 50V20 plasma is selling at around the same price, I think this LG 60PK950 is a no brainer. But, the Panasonic might still have better picture quality. This panel though at 60 inches, is superb value for money and fully loaded with features.

I am seriously considering a 50 inch plasma around the 60-65k price range and since the LG PK550 had issues, I am somehow not inclined towards this model. I am now looking at the 50PJ560 which has side mounted speakers with a better configuration and wattage. It would be good for TV watching, meaning I wouldn't have to turn on the AVR every time I watch TV programmes.

Well, the 50PJ560 was advertised in Times of India on Saturday (direct LG advt) for 61,990 with Airtel HD DTH. My dealer says he can give me the same for 59k with the Airtel HD DTH.

Is this a good deal?

The 60PK950 is really tempting me in terms of the blacks, design and features. I just wonder if the 50PK950 would be launched in India and whether I should wait for it. If there is a price increase of 10-15k over the PK550, it may be definitely worth it.

Guys, if any of you gets any info regarding the PK750 or PK950 (50 inch models), please post it here!

Warm regards,
Venkat

I am seriously considering a 50 inch plasma around the 60-65k price range and since the LG PK550 had issues, I am somehow not inclined towards this model. I am now looking at the 50PJ560 which has side mounted speakers with a better configuration and wattage. It would be good for TV watching, meaning I wouldn't have to turn on the AVR every time I watch TV programmes.

Well, the 50PJ560 was advertised in Times of India on Saturday (direct LG advt) for 61,990 with Airtel HD DTH. My dealer says he can give me the same for 59k with the Airtel HD DTH.

Is this a good deal?

Bad news :
Mehuldil in this forum has bought the PJ560. And as per him, the green pixel issue seen in PK550 is also present in the PJ560.

Good news :
Shaiju has got a fresh replacement of PK550 and the green pixel issue is resolved. It has a new firmware that has a fix. I am yet to get the new firmware for my PK550.

Better news :
PK550 should be available at 58K. I got it for 62K a month back. Pune dealers are quoting around 57.5K. So if you bargain well, you must get a FullHD plasma for the price you mentioned for PJ560.

No comments on the audio of PK550 as I use my HTiB for sound.

Hi Venkat,

Before buying PK550 i was tempted to go either for 50" 750 or 50" Samsung PS50C6500 as both had similar functions with wifi etc and had more functions than 550. The problem is, till now according to my knowledge both are not released in india . Samsung model will be released in Sept is what the dealer had told me in June and 750 is nowhere in sight. If you can wait for sometime then do judge these models and then buy.

PK550 has no issues. It is a product which is value for money. The green pixel problem is seen at a closer distance by some users and believe me it is not that big of a problem(My opinion). Also i dont think anybody will watch a 50" tv sitting at 3-4-5 feet away from it. The only downside is no advance calibaration controls to the user and no HD support via USB. Rest the TV is really good. I am a little bit skeptic about the price being 57.5K but overall PK550 is a gr8 deal.

Regards,
Sid.

What I cannot understand is that why some guys would pay a high premium on a high end plasma/LCD specially for the in-built USB/Ethernet functions. Just get a decent HD media plauyer with ethernet/wi-fi like teh Asus O! Play and connect via hdmi 1.3. Sure it adds another box to your system, but on the sunny side, if you dont like the media upscaling, or it conks out you can just change the 5k box, and not the 65+ k TV. hence if the difference in choice between the PK550 and the PK750 is just on the basis on the in-built media playing and wireless functions, then the premium isn't worth it.

Hi Venkat,

Before buying PK550 i was tempted to go either for 50" 750 or 50" Samsung PS50C6500 as both had similar functions with wifi etc and had more functions than 550. The problem is, till now according to my knowledge both are not released in india . Samsung model will be released in Sept is what the dealer had told me in June and 750 is nowhere in sight. If you can wait for sometime then do judge these models and then buy.

PK550 has no issues. It is a product which is value for money. The green pixel problem is seen at a closer distance by some users and believe me it is not that big of a problem(My opinion). Also i dont think anybody will watch a 50" tv sitting at 3-4-5 feet away from it. The only downside is no advance calibaration controls to the user and no HD support via USB. Rest the TV is really good. I am a little bit skeptic about the price being 57.5K but overall PK550 is a gr8 deal.

Regards,
Sid.

That's a good point. My seating distance is going to be 15-17 feet. So I am pretty sure I would not notice the green pixels or whatever. What attracted me more to the PJ560 was the better speakers for watching TV. It is anyway being bundled with Airtel HD DTH, and I assume this STB has an optical out. So anyway the sound would be coming out through the optical out. If the STB does not have optical out and only HDMI out, then the sound would only go to the TV as the PJ560 does not have an optical out. Whereas the PK550 does. So if I go for the PK550, I can connect the optical out from the tv to my Yamaha 459 receiver and get the sound.

Hmm let me see. Not decided yet.

What I cannot understand is that why some guys would pay a high premium on a high end plasma/LCD specially for the in-built USB/Ethernet functions. Just get a decent HD media plauyer with ethernet/wi-fi like teh Asus O! Play and connect via hdmi 1.3. Sure it adds another box to your system, but on the sunny side, if you dont like the media upscaling, or it conks out you can just change the 5k box, and not the 65+ k TV. hence if the difference in choice between the PK550 and the PK750 is just on the basis on the in-built media playing and wireless functions, then the premium isn't worth it.

Yup you have a point there. But, the PK950 (60 inch) which I saw, had excellent blacks in addition to these gizmos.

I had a demo of the PK550 at E-Zone recently and was pretty happy with the overall picture quality. But how are the black levels? How does the tv perform in dark scenes?

---Venkat

PJ560 does not have an optical out. Whereas the PK550 does. So if I go for the PK550, I can connect the optical out from the tv to my Yamaha 459 receiver and get the sound.
PK550R you get in India does not have an Optical Out.

Hi Venkat,

From where I can get the 60pk950 @ Rs 110k? Like to buy one right away. Am based in Delhi.

Just thought I'd post an update here. I had been to a consumer electronics and home appliances fair here in Chennai on Saturday (near Royapettah YMCA) and LG had a huge stall with their full range of LCDs and plasmas.

Guess what - the 60PK950 plasma has been launched. And it looked amazing. The blacks were fantastic too, compared to the rest of the range - PJ350, PJ650, PJ560 - which were all wall mounted in the same stall. Both 42 and 50 inch panels were there.

The MRP of the 60PK950 was quoted at 170k while the final price would be somewhere around 110k. This panel is fully imported and sports a "Made in Korea" sticker on the panel. It is WiFi capable, has a Tru Black Filter for deeper blacks, and has 2 USB ports on the side (with HD playback capability) and 4 HDMI ports. The design of the panel and base was very sleek, elegant and rich looking. Looked to be worth every rupee of that 110k price. Considering the Panasonic 50V20 plasma is selling at around the same price, I think this LG 60PK950 is a no brainer. But, the Panasonic might still have better picture quality. This panel though at 60 inches, is superb value for money and fully loaded with features.

Is this a good deal?

The 60PK950 is really tempting me in terms of the blacks, design and features. I just wonder if the 50PK950 would be launched in India and whether I should wait for it. If there is a price increase of 10-15k over the PK550, it may be definitely worth it.

Guys, if any of you gets any info regarding the PK750 or PK950 (50 inch models), please post it here!

Warm regards,
Venkat

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back