50PJ650 installed!

anuragb

Finally bought the 50PJ650 over the weekend, the TV got delivered on Monday and installed last evening(along with the free Airtel HD DTH). Thanks a lot guys for all the technical advice and support. Am still awaiting the delivery and installation of the Philips HTS 5530, which should happen latest by tomorrow, will give a detailed description then. But some initial thoughts here..

1) The TV is extremely sleek and good looking :)

2) Have kept the initial settings as below:

Contrast, brightness, sharpness and Color in the 50-55 range(any lesser and the picture was becoming much too dark for our taste)

Warmth: Neutral

Mode: Cinema

16:9(everything else was either stretched or had strips on the sides)

Have kept the output through the STB as 1080p, tried the option of 720p also, but couldn't see much difference.

Will appreciate further advice on the settings.

3) Haven't tried a DVD yet(no player in absence of the new system) but the picture through the DTH is not exactly setting the house on fire. I personally find it slightly dull and soft, it might be because of the breaking-in settings, or the DTH connection, I don't know. The technician had kept it in the vivid mode, with contrast of 80 when he left, and that was seeming much more livelier, so I guess it'll be fine once I change the settings in a couple of months. Also, pq differs across various channels.

4) The red light of power does not go out immediately even after I take out the main power plug, it takes a couple of minutes to go off completely. Is this normal?

5) Sound is fine, but I'll anyways be using the HTS for my audio, so really doesn't matter.

6) It really does look very good in the room(will try to post some pics once the HTS too is installed).

7) Can somebody tell me how to measure the hours used in the PJ series?

And btw, the final price is 49.5K. Gave the following in exchange: 29" Philips flat screen TV, Sony hi-fi system(3-DVD changer, 200w rms) and a Philips DVD player(all of these were 4-5 years old).

Cheers

Congrats Anurag ! Enjoy Plasma ! Keep sharing your experiences ! Don't know anything about plasma .. may be other members will help you soon

congrats!
And good that you mentioned price in the first post itself :)

did you compare with Samsung c550 as well?

regards

Finally bought the 50PJ650 over the weekend, the TV got delivered on Monday and installed last evening(along with the free Airtel HD DTH). Thanks a lot guys for all the technical advice and support. Am still awaiting the delivery and installation of the Philips HTS 5530, which should happen latest by tomorrow, will give a detailed description then. But some initial thoughts here..

1) The TV is extremely sleek and good looking :)

2) Have kept the initial settings as below:

Contrast, brightness, sharpness and Color in the 50-55 range(any lesser and the picture was becoming much too dark for our taste)

Warmth: Neutral

Mode: Cinema

16:9(everything else was either stretched or had strips on the sides)

Have kept the output through the STB as 1080p, tried the option of 720p also, but couldn't see much difference.

Will appreciate further advice on the settings.

3) Haven't tried a DVD yet(no player in absence of the new system) but the picture through the DTH is not exactly setting the house on fire. I personally find it slightly dull and soft, it might be because of the breaking-in settings, or the DTH connection, I don't know. The technician had kept it in the vivid mode, with contrast of 80 when he left, and that was seeming much more livelier, so I guess it'll be fine once I change the settings in a couple of months. Also, pq differs across various channels.

4) The red light of power does not go out immediately even after I take out the main power plug, it takes a couple of minutes to go off completely. Is this normal?

5) Sound is fine, but I'll anyways be using the HTS for my audio, so really doesn't matter.

6) It really does look very good in the room(will try to post some pics once the HTS too is installed).

7) Can somebody tell me how to measure the hours used in the PJ series?

And btw, the final price is 49.5K. Gave the following in exchange: 29" Philips flat screen TV, Sony hi-fi system(3-DVD changer, 200w rms) and a Philips DVD player(all of these were 4-5 years old).

Cheers

Congratulations..

As far as Red light is concerned, even my set has same problem, however I have to give PULSE to get that Red light off, even though set is not plugged in.

That seems to be problem. how long did it take for your set to power off?

Hourse used: you can not check that unless you are in Service mode. You can check :UTT: it shows number of hours used.

Yes, PQ varies from channel to channel. Have you connected HD STB or normal?

Anyway

Congrts.. and Enjy your set...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back