• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

55 or 65`? Oled or Qled? - Pls help!

ssf

I don't think a 65" is all that huge. Although I have a long room, most of the time I sit less than 8 feet from the TV and it does not look big. Just right. Maybe one gets used to the size.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Dirac

Will check. Apparently q6/7 is best for gaming. Saw the TCL Qled as well but no wow factor whatsoever. The viewing angle is terrible on the Samsung Qled, have to sit dead straight else the colors look washed out. Have got a good price on Q7. Have ruled out TCL Qled.
So looking at C8, Q7, Q6. Will most probably go with Q7 if I don't perceive any more limitations.
Here is the link.

Lakeview

Here is the link.
You are right, I hadn't noticed this at all the other day. I compared Q7 with Sony 9000F and the difference was very much noticable (in fast moving scenes). Planning to ditch Q7 and go for Q8 instead. However it seems like only the curved version is available in India not sure.

Lakeview

Here is the link.
Didn't realize that the problem is across all qleds until now. I just watched the video. In that case I have to choose between Sony 9000F and Q6 because the q series are best for gaming with native 120hz and low input lag. The Sony 9000f is FALD display with better motion. I am even more confused now.

Lakeview

Just thought of sharing this. LG has a free home demo thing going on and I got a chance to demo it in my home for a week! First couple of days I simply enjoyed every bit of it not noticing anything. Then I felt there is a judder/stutter/soap opera effect and what not in most of the videos. I didn't bother fiddling much with the settings. But overall c8 is a pretty good TV. After the initial wow feeling I felt 65 inches was not big enough and I noticed myself enjoying content with lights turned off. I turned the sharpness to which obviously affected the motion. I realized that what matters to me most is the screensize and sharpness.

Since Qled has awful viewing angles and has motion blur and flicker, I felt it was not worth the amount. So I have decided to get a decent full HD projector.

raghupb

Just thought of sharing this. LG has a free home demo thing going on and I got a chance to demo it in my home for a week! First couple of days I simply enjoyed every bit of it not noticing anything. Then I felt there is a judder/stutter/soap opera effect and what not in most of the videos. I didn't bother fiddling much with the settings. But overall c8 is a pretty good TV. After the initial wow feeling I felt 65 inches was not big enough and I noticed myself enjoying content with lights turned off. I turned the sharpness to which obviously affected the motion. I realized that what matters to me most is the screensize and sharpness.

Since Qled has awful viewing angles and has motion blur and flicker, I felt it was not worth the amount. So I have decided to get a decent full HD projector.
Is this for a dedicated AV/HT room? If so, projector may make sense.
If it is for multipurpose viewing in a shared living space, then TV as display makes sense.
Cheers,
Raghu

Lakeview

Is this for a dedicated AV/HT room? If so, projector may make sense.
If it is for multipurpose viewing in a shared living space, then TV as display makes sense.
Cheers,
Raghu
Initially the plan was to get a big screen TV for the living room. But I will be getting the projector for my bedroom and a regular TV (nothing fancy) for the living room.

SPONSORED ADS