55 or 65`? Oled or Qled? - Pls help!

I don't think a 65" is all that huge. Although I have a long room, most of the time I sit less than 8 feet from the TV and it does not look big. Just right. Maybe one gets used to the size.

Will check. Apparently q6/7 is best for gaming. Saw the TCL Qled as well but no wow factor whatsoever. The viewing angle is terrible on the Samsung Qled, have to sit dead straight else the colors look washed out. Have got a good price on Q7. Have ruled out TCL Qled.
So looking at C8, Q7, Q6. Will most probably go with Q7 if I don't perceive any more limitations.
Here is the link.

Here is the link.
You are right, I hadn't noticed this at all the other day. I compared Q7 with Sony 9000F and the difference was very much noticable (in fast moving scenes). Planning to ditch Q7 and go for Q8 instead. However it seems like only the curved version is available in India not sure.

Here is the link.
Didn't realize that the problem is across all qleds until now. I just watched the video. In that case I have to choose between Sony 9000F and Q6 because the q series are best for gaming with native 120hz and low input lag. The Sony 9000f is FALD display with better motion. I am even more confused now.

Just thought of sharing this. LG has a free home demo thing going on and I got a chance to demo it in my home for a week! First couple of days I simply enjoyed every bit of it not noticing anything. Then I felt there is a judder/stutter/soap opera effect and what not in most of the videos. I didn't bother fiddling much with the settings. But overall c8 is a pretty good TV. After the initial wow feeling I felt 65 inches was not big enough and I noticed myself enjoying content with lights turned off. I turned the sharpness to which obviously affected the motion. I realized that what matters to me most is the screensize and sharpness.

Since Qled has awful viewing angles and has motion blur and flicker, I felt it was not worth the amount. So I have decided to get a decent full HD projector.

Just thought of sharing this. LG has a free home demo thing going on and I got a chance to demo it in my home for a week! First couple of days I simply enjoyed every bit of it not noticing anything. Then I felt there is a judder/stutter/soap opera effect and what not in most of the videos. I didn't bother fiddling much with the settings. But overall c8 is a pretty good TV. After the initial wow feeling I felt 65 inches was not big enough and I noticed myself enjoying content with lights turned off. I turned the sharpness to which obviously affected the motion. I realized that what matters to me most is the screensize and sharpness.

Since Qled has awful viewing angles and has motion blur and flicker, I felt it was not worth the amount. So I have decided to get a decent full HD projector.
Is this for a dedicated AV/HT room? If so, projector may make sense.
If it is for multipurpose viewing in a shared living space, then TV as display makes sense.
Cheers,
Raghu

Is this for a dedicated AV/HT room? If so, projector may make sense.
If it is for multipurpose viewing in a shared living space, then TV as display makes sense.
Cheers,
Raghu
Initially the plan was to get a big screen TV for the living room. But I will be getting the projector for my bedroom and a regular TV (nothing fancy) for the living room.

Initially the plan was to get a big screen TV for the living room. But I will be getting the projector for my bedroom and a regular TV (nothing fancy) for the living room.
Hi, have you made a decission or purchase on this yet? I also going over similar question around 55"vs65". I'm inclined towards LG OLED, but yet to check out the Panasonic and also want to see when the prices are coming down for 2018 models.

Hi, have you made a decission or purchase on this yet? I also going over similar question around 55"vs65". I'm inclined towards LG OLED, but yet to check out the Panasonic and also want to see when the prices are coming down for 2018 models.
I was almost about to buy Samsung q7 65 when Chroma offered a home demo of lg c8. It's no doubt, a fantastic TV. But I still couldn't overlook the motion judder/stutter. I guess you can resolve it by fiddling with the settings. But otherwise it's a great TV. However after a couple of days, I wanted to go even bigger lol. So I decided on a full HD projector. However for the time being, I haven't made a purchase yet :)

Getting a demo unit Q6 for 80K. Should I go for it? Will there be any warranty issue?
It's probably worth considering as Qled TVs are not prone to burn in. Is it 55 or 65? If it's 65, then it's not a bad idea. Kindly check with the store regarding warranty. It should be from the date of your purchase. Ideally you should be able to replace if something goes wrong.

It's probably worth considering as Qled TVs are not prone to burn in. Is it 55 or 65? If it's 65, then it's not a bad idea. Kindly check with the store regarding warranty. It should be from the date of your purchase. Ideally you should be able to replace if something goes wrong.
It's 55". Is it a good price for a demo unit?

Can't believe people would choose any Samsung TV at all without close inspection.
I have seen display units of Q60R and Q70R and both have clear judder in either SD or HD content. This was even before watching any reviews on these products. Clearly Samsung dosen't give any importance to the motion processing of the image even at the QLED level. And even took out the one-connect box from the 7 series.
I would rather get an LG which has a flexible wall mount than go for a downgraded product at such a high price

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back