55inch Sony X9300E / Samsung QLED 55Q7F / LG OLED 55C7T

atharva

Hi

Am in need of a new TV since my 8 year old Samsung went blank.

Visited Croma today and saw these 3 TVs. Based on a few articles including previous posts here and the RTings I had finalized on the Sony 9000E. Just went over to confirm and buy it. But I was taken aback when I compared it to these three. But yes, these are much more expensive.

I checked with the showroom guys that all 3 were set to default setting but I just wanted to check if others have made similar observations as mine. First, I mostly played normal HD content.

Samsung QLED
- partial to Red. Skin colour looks nice and warm and best of the three but blues look pale - e.g sky/ocean
- lacks good brightness. Sometimes you see a dark area here but the other TVs show good/excellent shadow details. In a few scenes a face was half dark due to lighting but it looked well lit on the other two.
I had visited Samsung showroom before and ruled out the MU7000 in comparison with the QLED. They are willing to offer this @1.7L. I saw general content on the QLED and it looked awesome until I visited Croma and saw the others side by side. They are even offering a 10 year no-burn-in warranty on the panel and 3 year (1 + 2 year panel)

LG OLED
- best blacks as expected because of OLEDs
- worst colour tone of the three. One could argue that it is most "natural" but it felt washed out. e.g faces looked like they were "pale with fear".
I think Croma quoted about 2L for this.

Sony 9300E
- brightest of them all
- sometime the brightness was a bit too much on faces giving them a patchy white look.
- partial towards Blue. Sky and water looks awesome but skin tones look whitish not warm.

Neither was a deal sealer. At the Samsung showroom the QLED looked awesome with great HDR and shadow details but not so at Croma. They were trying to hard sell the 9300 but later told me it was the only piece so I would get a discount. Hmm. Did they sabotage the Samsung?

1. Did you observe the same?
2. What would be a good price for the 9300 if I did find one? On line price is about 1.7L
3. What are other opinions of the QLED? I don't know pros/cons of it.
4. Wait a month or more for 900F? I've seen some excellent reviews of it.
5. I've discounted the LG but also read good things on the forum. Did I miss something?

Thanks for reading!

Have been using B7 oled for last 2 months or so.. great pictures specially 4K with DV... I use it to watch only Netflix & Amanzon, where the content are rich and proper HD 4K resolution (specially Netflix). For regular TV, I have no clue as I don't have any.

Last edited:
I don't think the X9300e discontinued. It is nearing the end of life cycle. So all the stores clearing their inventories. Even the official Sony website lower their price for the 65" X9300e to INR 2,24,900. When i checked the price couple of months back, it was around INR 2,54,900. However Sony didn't lower the official price of 55"and it stays at INR 1,84,900.
If negotiate harder they might lower the 55"X9300E to 1.6L. Coz, when i enquired the price over phone on the Sony showroom near my location, they quoted 1.7L without any negotiation.
When it comes up scaling the SD/HD signals, Sony TVs are clear winner and the Sony x9300e with X1 extreme chip have the excellent picture processing. And don't forget to check comparison review of X900e vs 900f vs 930e by hdtvtest on youtube. It'll give some good info.
If i get the similar price for both Sony x900f and x9300e, I'd pick the x9300e blindly. Importantly, I've heard that it have one of the best build quality of any TV on the market today. 55" x9300e weighs around 30 kg and not to mention the ~50 kg of 65" x9300e.
Most probably we'll see the successor to x9300E and Z9D by end of this year or starting of next year. They'll be priced sky high for sure.

Simple no brainier decision - OLED, no matter how companies market LCD, it is a inferior handicapped technology compared to OLED.

OLED hands down, no ifs or buts about it. If you're finding something washed out then it's your misinterpretation of something. None of the others come close, Samsungs vomit of colours is horrible and sony's blacks are a deal breaker.

The best combination is actually an OLED panel from LG with sony's colour engine, which is found with sony's own OLED series found in A1E and similar.

I have the LG OLED 55 B7T for the last one month. Mostly watching Netflix and Blu rays... its great!

Regular Non HD TV Channels still bleed colours its not the fault of OLED and Netflix have new movies and TV Series in HDR vision, which automatically detects by the TV and convert the picture to HDR Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Try to check all the options and decide.

I have the Sony. Tried different calibrations and finally settled for 2 very different settings but both of which bring out almost the same picture quality. I have no cause for complaint. Unless an oled is placed next to it, an average person would find it hard to fault the picture quality. So it all comes down to the price. If you can afford it, buy the oled. Read a bit about burn ins though. Otherwise I would suggest Sony all the way. E or F series. To add, I don't watch SD.

I have the LG OLED 55 B7T for the last one month. Mostly watching Netflix and Blu rays... its great!

Regular Non HD TV Channels still bleed colours its not the fault of OLED and Netflix have new movies and TV Series in HDR vision, which automatically detects by the TV and convert the picture to HDR Vision and Dolby Atmos.

Try to check all the options and decide.
You jut need to calibrate it properly, i have the LG OLED and i am not facing this issue.

Thanks for all the feedback. Some strong reactions too :) Good thing is I've got my TV repaired. So now I can take some time to decide.

OLEDs are super premium tech, and hence not quite proper to compare with Back lit LCD tech of Sony and Samy. It is like comparing a BMW with a Honda city. While Honda city is a good car compared to Ciaz and Vernas of the world, but just goes out of the window, if compared to the super premium tech of BMW (even a 3 series).

I bought Sony X9300E 65 inch last month after debating for 5 months between Sony X900E 65",Sony A1E 65" and LG OLED C7 65".

There are few reasons why I went for X9300E and not OLEDs.
1. OLED has perfect black levels. But this is required only if you are watching movies (in my opinion). In daily use, this is neither noticeable nor required.
2. OLEDs have lower peak peak brightness levels than LEDs.
3. Between X9000E and X9300E, X9000E lacks X1 extreme processor and support for dolby vision. Although X9000E had direct LED, X9300E still performs better.
4. I felt samsung's QLED was not upto the same level as Sony or LG for LEDs. Also Samsung's after-sales is very poor and highly unreliable.
5. OLEDs are still overpriced.

Check out HDTV's channel on youtube. They have very good detailed reviews about all the models. I used this while buying my TVs.

Hope this helps !

I bought Sony X9300E 65 inch last month after debating for 5 months between Sony X900E 65",Sony A1E 65" and LG OLED C7 65".

Hope this helps !
If you call OLED over priced then what would you say when you paid so much for your LED back light tv which is a decade old technolgy?
OLED are more expensive to make thats why the premium price, otherwise every mobile phone would have an oled screen.

No offence just wanted to give my view point on LED tech which i feel is over priced & TV makers have huge margins with them.

1. OLED has perfect black levels. But this is required only if you are watching movies (in my opinion). In daily use, this is neither noticeable nor required.
3. Between X9000E and X9300E, X9000E lacks X1 extreme processor and support for dolby vision. Although X9000E had direct LED, X9300E still performs better.
4. I felt samsung's QLED was not upto the same level as Sony or LG for LEDs. Also Samsung's after-sales is very poor and highly unreliable.

Check out HDTV's channel on youtube. They have very good detailed reviews about all the models. I used this while buying my TVs.

Hope this helps !
Congrats dude. Thats really a great tv. I've checked the HDTV's review on X930e. He's called this as mini Z9d. Its first on my shortlisted tvs.
Btw, What is the best price you got for this tv. How is the built in speakers quality. ?

Hope this helps !

Most of your reasoning looks incorrect this includes Samsung's poor after sales service.As for the pic quality, we can assume all we want but the measurement is what that matters the most, peak brightness over certain level is only useful if you are watching television under direct sunlight or you if like the useless gimmick called 3D, it holds the least merit above 350 cd/m2, makes sense for a mobile device but not for a television.

Mass market electronic companies like Sony using marketing gimmicks such as extreme processor or direct LED to sell an inferior technology like LCD only means they are desperate to make money and not really interested in innovation since the past couple of decades, they would rather borrow OLED panels from LG,both Samsung QLED and Song direct LED are bad, the money spent on this is just investment on sub-par televisions unless they cost under 50k.

HDTV Test and rtings.com and decent places to check measurements.

If you call OLED over priced then what would you say when you paid so much for your LED back light tv which is a decade old technolgy?
OLED are more expensive to make thats why the premium price, otherwise every mobile phone would have an oled screen.

No offence just wanted to give my view point on LED tech which i feel is over priced & TV makers have huge margins with them.

I completely agree.

OLEDs are more expensive to make, hence there has to be a premium for it. But I believe there has to be a limit to what premium should be over and above LCDs. This is again debatable depending on a person's usage and requirements.

Most of your reasoning looks incorrect this includes Samsung's poor after sales service.As for the pic quality, we can assume all we want but the measurement is what that matters the most, peak brightness over certain level is only useful if you are watching television under direct sunlight or you if like the useless gimmick called 3D, it holds the least merit above 350 cd/m2, makes sense for a mobile device but not for a television.

Mass market electronic companies like Sony using marketing gimmicks such as extreme processor or direct LED to sell an inferior technology like LCD only means they are desperate to make money and not really interested in innovation since the past couple of decades, they would rather borrow OLED panels from LG,both Samsung QLED and Song direct LED are bad, the money spent on this is just investment on sub-par televisions unless they cost under 50k.

HDTV Test and rtings.com and decent places to check measurements.

The reason why I said samsung has poor after sales service is because I had 4 samsung LED TVs. 2 of them were 65 inch. 2 of them 55 inch. All of them gave me problems within 2 years of purchase to the point that all 4 off them stopped working last december. I called samsung service centre. For each TV, they gave me a price estimate of 1.25L for changing the entire panel, even without checking the panel. After checking at a few places, the real fault was detected to be in the power board, which costed 20K each.

You are absolutely right that peak brightness is useful only if you are watching under direct sunlight.

I agree that Sony/Samsung/LG use such marketing gimmicks to sell inferior technology. Unfortunately all of them are doing this and we have no choice but to buy from what is available.

It was not my intention to focus on extreme processors or direct LED. In comparison to OLED, I agree LCD is an inferior technology. But as of now OLED TVs are expensive and hopefully with a year or even earlier prices may become slightly more reasonable.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back