65 Inch TV Suggestion Needed

This is a good one sir. I saw this. Only thing is no Full array and local dimming for higher contrast.

X800 is IPS panel. Contrast is poor with or without local dimming. Local dimming is not the biggest of your problems if you select X8000. Screen will be grey in the night where it should be black.

Check comparison between X750 and X800. Check the contrast and black uniformity sections. X750 is cheaper and has better contrast since it is VA.

Sony people are so greedy. Same X9500G in the US is around 1 lakh rupees. Here in India, we need to pay 1.5 lakhs. This is not fair from these big companies.

If anything, compare with EU prices. US is an outlier and they rotate TVs like crazy every 3-4 years and so there is always demand and flood of TVs being sold every year.

If the companies have to price it in accordance with US prices, they will end up like TCL bringing inferior products to india or like hisense bringing yester year products and incomplete lineup.. With sony, atleast you have options and current technology, higher priced or not.

Yeah, that 28% sucks!! Even a basic two wheeler which is a necessity is also taxed at 28%!! Just look at these taxes our govt imposes on a car and on top of these taxes are double on fuel!! So if u earn 25l u first pay income tax like 5l, then u purchased a car of 17l, there all taxes are 6l and for life time u pay tax on fuel!!! So we r totally funding govt.!!
These charges are ridiculous. Don't know what to say. These people are sucking tax payers blood.

X800 is IPS panel. Contrast is poor with or without local dimming. Local dimming is not the biggest of your problems if you select X8000. Screen will be grey in the night where it should be black.

Check comparison between X750 and X800. Check the contrast and black uniformity sections. X750 is cheaper and has better contrast since it is VA.

Here.

If anything, compare with EU prices. US is an outlier and they rotate TVs like crazy every 3-4 years and so there is always demand and flood of TVs being sold every year.

If the companies have to price it in accordance with US prices, they will end up like TCL bringing inferior products to india or like hisense bringing yester year products and incomplete lineup.. With sony, atleast you have options and current technology, higher priced or not.
Just to curious to understand what will they do with the old TVs? Will they throw it in the dustbin? I heard stories of Indians picking up TVs from the trash of the neighbours. I'm not sure though.

Here.
Processor, contrast enhancer and motion enhancer are different.

Just to curious to understand what will they do with the old TVs? Will they throw it in the dustbin? I heard stories of Indians picking up TVs from the trash of the neighbours. I'm not sure though.

They have multiple TVs for each room/purpose and discard only the oldest. The house sizes are big enough to accomodate 75".
As a nation, they were shipping electonic trash to china till 2018. So chinese were making TVs for the US and bringing back older TVs. It is not only for TVs though.
China stopped accepting trash starting 2018 though.

I am using Toshiba 65U7980 and I found it quite good when it comes to upscaling FullHD to 4K. Of course it might not be in your shortlist but just FYI. I did cost me 67K on Amazon.
This is what I was referring to. After sales support from Toshiba is not very positive.

Processor, contrast enhancer and motion enhancer are different.
X8000 native contrast is only 1000:1 and it will definitely show. Contrast enhancer and other enhancements are secondary. If you want contrast, stick with the x9500.

Also, since upgrading from 32", have a look at 55 A8G oled. So much better in all departments except size. 32" -> 55" itself is a huge jump.

X8000 native contrast is only 1000:1 and it will definitely show. Contrast enhancer and other enhancements are secondary. If you want contrast, stick with the x9500.

Also, since upgrading from 32", have a look at 55 A8G oled. So much better in all departments except size. 32" -> 55" itself is a huge jump.
This looks great. I didn't look at OLEDs because of budget and burn-in issue. This TV has a very good rtings score.

Thr r two tvs which havnt been discussed much compaq hex qled & tcl c815 both r supposed to qled tvs around 90k , compaq has got very positive reveiws on flipkart but hardly reveiws by experts

There are reviews in Amazon..no.bluetooth I believe.
Just like sharp,Sanyo,thomson etc the big name has been bought by a Chinese company but reviews are good

There are reviews in Amazon..no.bluetooth I believe.
Just like sharp,Sanyo,thomson etc the big name has been bought by a Chinese company but reviews are good
No. Philip's has partnership with TPVision and TPVision does not have any other tech or make any other tvs other than Philip's. They even make competent OLEDs for the EU market.

Earlier they had partnership with onida for india and TPVision for rest of the world. Last year they cut off ties with onida and brought TPVision to india.

Service is anyone's guess like the other chinese brands but PQ will not be hit or miss like the others.

Last edited:
No. Philip's has partnership with TPVision and TPVision does not have any other tech or make any other tvs other than Philip's. They even make competent OLEDs for the EU market.

Earlier they had partnership with onida for india and TPVision for rest of the world. Last year they cut off ties with onida and brought TPVision to india.

Service is anyone's guess like the other chinese brands but PQ will not be hit or miss like the others.
Why PQ will not be hit or miss like other Chinese company? Can we compare TPVision to Sony?TPVision also a Chinese company.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back