6N3 Tube Rolling ?

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Guys ,
i Have a Live Demo of the Quinpu A3 2 Lynx Shop ,I would Like To Know Good Tubes That Can Be Used Instead of The 6N3 .they could Be New compatible model or a old tube or a nos tube does not matter .

Amarbir[Lynx-India];170216 said:
Guys ,
i Have a Live Demo of the Quinpu A3 2 Lynx Shop ,I would Like To Know Good Tubes That Can Be Used Instead of The 6N3 .they could Be New compatible model or a old tube or a nos tube does not matter .

whats your budget? Also what you think is missing that you are thinking of tube rolling?

whats your budget? Also what you think is missing that you are thinking of tube rolling?

One never knows what one is missing until one has the tubes to play with.

I keep switching between Mullards and Telefunken every few weeks. Ultimately there is no single winner even though at first I decide I like one over the other - both bring a welcome change with their sonic signature .. when boredom sets in ...

IMHO Every tube owner should consider it mandatory to invest another 5 to 6K in acquiring 1/2 doz tubes over and above the price of his gear. This keeps the fun rolling ... :)

Cheers

You need deep pockets for this. But its left to each individual.

I keep switching between Mullards and Telefunken every few weeks. Ultimately there is no single winner even though at first I decide I like one over the other - both bring a welcome change with their sonic signature .. when boredom sets in ...

I am no tube guru but I have heard both and the sound signature is very distinct. warm vs. neutral I would say. YOu should also check out Amperex Bugle boys and old Western Electric or GE or sylvania's

IMHO Every tube owner should consider it mandatory to invest another 5 to 6K in acquiring 1/2 doz tubes over and above the price of his gear. This keeps the fun rolling ... :)

Cheers

Sure...you can pick the sound you want based on the source material I guess. Also good to ahve some backup if one goes kaput.

Cheers

Well,
so what are the suggestions guys ,like are their other compatiable brands i should try like 5670 ihmo

Amarbir[Lynx-India];170514 said:
Well,
so what are the suggestions guys ,like are their other compatiable brands i should try like 5670 ihmo

YOu have still not told what you are looking for. So use at your own risk:

Here are the equivalents:

The more expensive and best replacements are:

Bendix 6385
JJ 6386

The not so expensive but still best replacements are

WE396A (the military version)
WE2C51 (The military version)

Next level below are (look for 1950 - 60 models):

Tung-sol 2C51
Raytheon CK5670
RCA 5670
GE 5670

YOu have still not told what you are looking for. So use at your own risk:

Here are the equivalents:

The more expensive and best replacements are:

Bendix 6385
JJ 6386

The not so expensive but still best replacements are

WE396A (the military version)
WE2C51 (The military version)

Next level below are (look for 1950 - 60 models):

Tung-sol 2C51
Raytheon CK5670
RCA 5670
GE 5670

I'm not that happy with my JJ 12AU7s. Wonder why other makes by JJ like 6386 or el84 or 12ax7 or at7s or kt88s would be different - clearly they do not match the manufacturing processes employed that give NOS tubes their value in terms of sonics. Not too bad either but still lacking ...

Cheers

I'm not that happy with my JJ 12AU7s. Wonder why other makes by JJ like 6386 or el84 or 12ax7 or at7s or kt88s would be different - clearly they do not match the manufacturing processes employed that give NOS tubes their value in terms of sonics. Not too bad either but still lacking ...

Cheers

Goggle Sir ,
a little more explanation would be required whats lacking :)

Amarbir[Lynx-India];170828 said:
Goggle Sir ,
a little more explanation would be required whats lacking :)

Ok this sunday I will put them back in for a quick a-b test and update...

Cheers

Cheers

Its a neutral sounding tube. Similar to Telefunkens. So at times it may sound dry but this is again them being 'true' to the source. Is your experience similar?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back