Tube & Op Amp Rolling

samyboy_jssp

Folks,

I am having Aiyima Tube A3 Tube Pre-Amp and Aiyima A07 Power Amp in my chain for the past 3-4 months as part of my entry journey into Hi-Fi.
While I am quite happy with the sound signature with stock Tubes and stock Op-Amps, I want to experiment with Tube & Op Amp rolling with Pre-Amp and the A07 power amp.

The Aiyima Tube A3 Pre-Amp consists of :-
- 6k4 tubes with replaceable tubes mentioned as: 6J1, 6J2, GE5654, 6J3, 6J4, 6J5, 6*1N, 6AK5
- Stock Op Amp is NE5532P

Where can I buy the above mentioned replacement tubes and LM4562 Op Amps ?

It would be great if FM's who have already experimented with Tube & Ops Amp rolling can guide me to contacts / sites where I can get the above mentioned components.

Regards
Sam

Check this out for GE 5654 tube.. https://amzn.eu/d/4RBBEGa
Thanks Premoddev. Will check these - not sure these tubes will fit into the tube preamp slots. the 6k4 tubes seem to be less in diameter as compared to the 5654 tubes.

Does anyone know of any contacts in Mumbai (lamington road etc) or Chennai where these tubes can be purchased from ?

I can see that the RS components website https://in.rsdelivers.com/ has the LM4562 Ops Amps available ? Is this a reliable website ? Has anyone purchased electrical components from this website ?

Regards
Sam

Thanks Premoddev. Will check these - not sure these tubes will fit into the tube preamp slots. the 6k4 tubes seem to be less in diameter as compared to the 5654 tubes.

I am using ge tubes in a similar chifi preamp without any issues, so it should work here also.

Many thanks @vbutani for the same.

I already procured some LM4562's from a fellow FM as well as ordered extra ones from mouser.in due to arrive shortly.

Tube Buffer Amp and Power Amp rolling experimentation is currently in progress with 6J1 / 5654 / 6AK5 tubes.

Regards
Sam

Many thanks @vbutani for the same.

I already procured some LM4562's from a fellow FM as well as ordered extra ones from mouser.in due to arrive shortly.

Tube Buffer Amp and Power Amp rolling experimentation is currently in progress with 6J1 / 5654 / 6AK5 tubes.

Regards
Sam
How does LM4562 sound after replacing stock 5532?

What are the shipping charges to India from Mouser.in?

Apart from this, you can try OPA2604 which is recommended by Aiyima and I am using the same which improved the overall sound compared to stock 5532.

OPA2604

You have to add Qty - 2 as it only includes single opamp in above site.

I have done tube rolling in my earlier Dared 300B amplifier, both driver and power tubes. My experience was - no noticeable difference was found. YMMV.

Op-amp rolling was having some perceived noticeable difference.

Capacitor rolling - around 20% difference.

Maximum difference I ever noticed was in resistors rolling - around 30% to 40% difference could be easily noticed by changing cheap Chinese resistors with a good 1% thin film resistors.

Does mouser.in charge customs duty? I am looking at MUSES02 for A07 Max
I believe they do. If you have any relative/friends coming from abroad, it would be easier to bring them to avoid duty costs.

FYI, the MUSES's and Sparko's are quite expensive costing b/w $40-50 per piece.

Do let us know if there are any noticeable differences post the Op Amp rolling.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back