7.1 Channel Home Theater Setup HELP!

HimanshuBagga

Hi Guys,
Greetings to all the members!
I'm looking to set-up a 7.1 channel home theater! My maximum budget is 1Lakh. My room size is 10x12 approx. My req. is more into music and gaming and less movies..
Please help me which receiver and speakers should I go for?
Any help and lead would be appreciated.
Thank you

Hi,

Since you will hear music more look @ Marantz NR series of AVRs.

Secondly given the room size, look out for subwoofer + satellite speaker systems...other option is mini bookshelf speakers.

Audition and decide...

If the budget is more or less fixed, see the For Sale by Owner section Or Hifiads...

All the best

Hi,
I appreciate for a such a quick response! Thank you.
Well, I was looking for Pioneer Andrew Jones 7.1 but I couldn't get it anywhere in Delhi ! The dealer suggested for the E series pioneer and I couldn't get any audition. Any place in Delhi or Gurgaon where I can auditions speakers as well?
Can anyone help to decide what should I go for?
I'm looking for crisp and clear with good bass!
Can anyone help me to decide the avr and speakers?
Thank you

Hi,
Well, I was looking for Pioneer Andrew Jones 7.1 but I couldn't get it anywhere in Delhi ! The dealer suggested for the E series pioneer and I couldn't get any audition. Any place in Delhi or Gurgaon where I can auditions speakers as well?
Thank you

As sunilkm mentioned, you need to think what kind of setup you really need.
7.1 (i.1., 5.1.2) is worth for movies, specially if you have (or willing to do efforts to get) 7.1 movie content.
STEREO is 2 channel, meant for music, may not give you joy while watching multi-channel movies or gaming.
5.1 should be more than sufficient for your needs, but STEREO performance from AVR is not head-to-head equivalent to dedicated STEREP setup. It does not mean at all that its bad really, you need to audition and decide if you are happy with AVR performance or not.
I suggest you spend some time to audition a few setups available near your place, like sound by design (sec 21, Gurgaon), bass'n'treble (ghitorini), etc.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
Thank you

Look at below thread, hope this would give you some lead on availability of Pioneer Andrew Jones Series :thumbsup:

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/45907-pioneer-sp-fs52-andrew-jones-designed-now-india-27.html

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back