7.1 Pre Out To 7.1 Headphones Possible?

bradas13

7.1 Pre Out To 7.1 Headphones Possible? My Headphones Amp Supports an Optical Connection So If There Is Anyway To Get My Pre Out Converted To Optical That Would Be Great!!
I own a Denon avr-2310 amp and the headphones i would like to hook these up to are the Steelseries Wireless H
I know i could simply use the Optical output on the amp, but its already being used + i like a challenge and would like to see if there is any possible way without having to purchase another AMP!

You could use a SPDIF ( coax digital) to Toshlink ( optical) adapter. Look at eBay or Google for it.
There is no such thing as 7.1 headphones ....as far as I know! The 7 is for 7 ( speaker) drivers all around you and .1 is the subwoofer. How do you implement that on one's head in headphones form ? Why a 'subwoofer' on headphones ?
There used to be headphones with four angled drivers ( 2 on each side) called surround headphones from Koss and others. Don't see such things nowadays.
However 7.1 signals could be mixed down to 2 channel stereo but I doubt many people want that. Some receivers provide for this I think. Google it.

Usually preout do not have that gain to drive headphones easily.I tried Yamaha AVR preout,but sound level was very less compared to Headphone out.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back