75 inch tv

arjunking

I am looking to upgrade from Toshiba 65U7980 to 75 inch tv.
My budget is ₹2L.
Currently the TVs which I have shortlisted are:
1. TCL 75C835
2. Sony 75X90J
3. VU 75QMP
4. Mi 75
5. I am open to other options
TV will be wall mounted

I am looking to upgrade from Toshiba 65U7980 to 75 inch tv.
My budget is ₹2L.
Currently the TVs which I have shortlisted are:
1. TCL 75C835
2. Sony 75X90J
3. VU 75QMP
4. Mi 75
5. I am open to other options
TV will be wall mounted
If you can get X90J, go with that for sure.

If not, go with the C835.

You can ignore the rest.

If you can get X90J, go with that for sure.

If not, go with the C835.

You can ignore the rest.
Why do you rate X90J over C835?
Most reviews I read, compare C835 with X95K.

Currently the pros of each models which I have figured are
C835:
1. Better native contrast
2. Less blooming
3. More dimming zones
4. Support for IMAX enhanced, HDR10+
5. eARC separate port from 2 HDMI 2.1

X90J:
1. Better upscaling
2. Less/No DSE
3. Better ASS

Last edited:
As a user of the Mi 75 - I am very happy with the performance of the TV - even after more than a year. I've not seen or used the others so can't comment on them.

In your budget, you should try to look at an LG Nanocell 91 (last year model, limited inventory from what I could gather). Have you considered X80k / X85K ? 3 of us got together to buy 4 75 inch TVs in NCR, I had compared the MI 75 with Sony X80K, Sony X90K, Samsung QLed (Q70A, Q70B), Samsung AU7700, BU8000. The Sony X80k stood out in the VA category. It was very hard to find an MI on display - finally had a look at 2 showrooms - quite disappointed compared to the other options (X80k can be negotiated down quite a bit with the discounts on offer at croma/reliance/vsp).

In your budget, you should try to look at an LG Nanocell 91 (last year model, limited inventory from what I could gather). Have you considered X80k / X85K ? 3 of us got together to buy 4 75 inch TVs in NCR, I had compared the MI 75 with Sony X80K, Sony X90K, Samsung QLed (Q70A, Q70B), Samsung AU7700, BU8000. The Sony X80k stood out in the VA category. It was very hard to find an MI on display - finally had a look at 2 showrooms - quite disappointed compared to the other options (X80k can be negotiated down quite a bit with the discounts on offer at croma/reliance/vsp).
Be careful. X85k is VA not X80k.

I am currently leaning towards TCL 75C835. Everyone seems to be pretty impressed with it. Second preference would be sony x90j

I am currently leaning towards TCL 75C835. Everyone seems to be pretty impressed with it. Second preference would be sony x90j
I’m more or less in the same boat.. but there are no display ones to check and I’m hearing non uniform picture according to this review..
if you are able to get one, leave your feedbackl

I’m more or less in the same boat.. but there are no display ones to check and I’m hearing non uniform picture according to this review..
if you are able to get one, leave your feedbackl
I called up a shop in Delhi, they are expecting to have one in 7-10 days. Will check it out then. Currently only croma has 2 pieces in 75 inch. Everywhere else it is sold out

The MI 75 is fantastic for the price.
Got it with the launch offer so it was an even sweeter deal and over a year and no issues thus far.
Have the Sony as well.
I find the overall clarity better with the Sony. But the price is way different.
So value for money I guess it’s the MI all the way.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back