98" interactive TV Softlogic brand

DV, if I may, can I chart a path for you:
1. Get control of the terrace.
2. Plonk the best PJ you can afford.
3. Spend well and judiciously on sound.
4. Do good seating.
5. Enjoy the good times.

IMHO, you shouldn't be looking at these panels at all. They are made of cheap material, and knowing what an OLED fan you are, they don't serve your purpose at all.

And, even if after all this, you are interested, I'd venture out on a limb to say that 5.4L is way too much for this thingy. If you are getting this at 3L go for it. Else, eschew.

Go for a proper set up on the terrace. Build from scratch. Visit a couple of Chennai FMs if it is not too much of a bother.

You will get a better picture (pun intended)

All said, hold your horses, bro.

There are better deals to be had.

PS: If it is an 83-inch OLED @ same price, I'd still choose it over this thing. And plonk it in the living room.
Good ssuggestions
1) on the terrace PJ thing, i just fear a rain may spoil the fun and a waterproofing solution is an even bigger challenge. A temporary plug and play stuff is something I was thinking to set up. Like a PJ mount, screen and electrical inputs fixed and all i have to do is to carry the PJ to the rooftop and voila! Another topic, so will flag it for later.
2) A bigger hall TV is my current requirement. These guys with softlogic, viewsonic etc... brand names have surprisingly good clientele among institutions and colleges and reception areas of MF AMCs, share broking companies, travel agencies etc.. plus some of these TVs are not switched off at all. They are designed for heavy usage and have surged in volume of sales over the years in this segment as the consumer models are frightfully expensive. The "one size fits all" attitude of them in only having panels with 60 hertz refresh rates, with less hdmi inputs and outputs, not enough bells and whistles limited colour, brightness and saturation etc... are the problem areas but this guy says 450 nits 120 hertz panel. I will even be taking a demo soon.
Do you know any Chennai based HFV forumer with a 85 inch plus TV size that I could visit to understand its power consumption and long distance viewing experience. (Appreciate your help. Ever so)

I am sure they can work perfectly fine as a basic TV. As this would form the centre piece of home entertainment, there are some features that you should check for such as
  • HDMI 2.1 support, no of HDMI ports
  • Does the Panel support Dolby vision / HDR / HDR+
  • Is the Panel running at 120 Hz, will matter if you are gaming or watching sports content.
  • Upscaling capability when viewing HD / SD content
  • eArc support, Audio codec support( will not matter if you are using Firestick / Apple TV)
  • Picture settings options - Basic should be available but are there any advanced options available for motion / PQ etc.
  • Is it a TN or IPS Panel, makes difference depending on seating arrangement at home, etc.
  • Ability to turn off Touch based operation of the Unit.
  • Power consumption of the Unit.
  • Service Support
These are are all things which mostly come as default with a television unit. It makes sense to invest money right now in a 85+ inch TV unit (price ranges from 3.25 lacs to 5 lacs for Sony Models). Other brands can be negotiated for a > 3 lac price.

Sony/Samsung already have 97/98 inch LED models on sale in US but prohibitively expensive (street price of approx USD 15k). It took 2 years for LG to sell its 83 inch OLED at 7 lacs. Samsung has already launched the 98 inch TV in India but price is simply out of reach. Cant say about Sony, yet to launch the 83 inch OLED here. Indian market is not so important for them hence they tend to be very selective about the Models and Sizes launched in India.
This is exactly why I posted it here. As we have discussed about these features in regular home entertainment consumer electronics a lot but not so much in this segment.

Their claims are regarding

1) "branding" - they are well known in interactive TV segment and are in a different market compared to normzl televisions and their gst itself is 18% instead of 28% for home televisions.

2) Service, warranty and reliability - since the logistics of big TV is not conducive for a workshop repair, they would attend to issues in our premises for the 85 and 98" sizes. In addition they say the boards and stuff are the same for 55" to 98" and no need to worry about spare parts availability post warranty however panel sizes are the varying component and the brands are confident in assuring a 50000 hours and 3 years warranty for the panels. They claim that since they are interactive, the panel glass is more robust and well adapted for rough use.

3) inputs, outputs, performance - not going to be very different from entry level consumer home entertainment electronics.

Still the caveat emptor, gamble, risks involved are to be pondered by me. I have just opened this topic for some insights that can help me answer myself by questioning more! It brings to the table stuff i overlooked. One more big issue is we wont get consumer electronics loans like Bajaj finance, HDFC etc.. Full payment is their modus operandi which is dated, annoying, cumbersome with due circumspect approach, the buyer will just have to speculate.

Last edited:
Belling the cat is always the issue. I was hoping you'd attempt it for the benefit of the rest of us 🤣🤣
Whimsical replies on these topics are a big turn off and may even stand in the way of someone like how you put it "will bell the cat". Lets say, i had gone ahead and posted reviews instead of further being confused adding fuel to the fire your sarcasm in this case might just work against someone being the first guinea pig or lab rat. Your humour might just create resent. These are not fly by night companies that your replies hint at and may offer a few Easter eggs to those facing pricing issues over giant home television consumer electronics segments.

Whimsical replies on these topics are a big turn off and may even stand in the way of someone like how you put it "will bell the cat". Lets say, i had gone ahead and posted reviews instead of further being confused adding fuel to the fire your sarcasm in this case might just work against someone being the first guinea pig or lab rat. Your humour might just create resent. These are not fly by night companies that your replies hint at and may offer a few Easter eggs to those facing pricing issues over giant home television consumer electronics segments.
Iam sorry if you found my reply to be hurtful to your reasons in creating this thread.

Iam aware that I try to keep my posts humurous by adding a tinge of sarcasm,. And most often directed at me more than others. Though iam not a sarcastic person in real life. Now that I know that your goodselves prefers serious only replies, which are beyond me. I will try to steer clear of your posts 😜. All the best for your tv search 😁

Iam sorry if you found my reply to be hurtful to your reasons in creating this thread.

Iam aware that I try to keep my posts humurous by adding a tinge of sarcasm,. And most often directed at me more than others. Though iam not a sarcastic person in real life. Now that I know that your goodselves prefers serious only replies, which are beyond me. I will try to steer clear of your posts 😜. All the best for your tv search 😁
No offense taken but I am just saying that these kind of replies will repulse people from even trying. One user even said they have bought it for corporate presentations. Now that is atleast a way in the direction of trying. If a witty answer without clarifying if you really meant a big no or it is a "maybe" or even a yes will automatically be understood as a "no". And i was trying to fish for a reason for the "no". But instead your reply made me feel ridiculous for even a quest for this product.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back