A Barn Owl pays a visit !

Sean de Silva

Standing in my balcony earlier today and suddenly I see two dark piercing eyes staring right back at me from between the coconut tree branches. Was pleasantly shocked when I realized what I was looking at – a cute barn owl from nowhere and it appeared quite happy in the shade. I had to make a mad scramble for the camera hoping it wouldn’t fly away as those pesky crows were trying to peck it and the poor owl tried to fight back. It finally vanished in the evening. Maybe it will visit again tomorrow who knows. I liked that beautiful plumage and enjoyed these priceless moments. For the superstitious folk out there, what does this foretell? An impending death ? newfound wisdom ? incoming wealth lol ? or time to "upgrade" my hifi gear? :p

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

Yes EXIF please....just kiddin as well.

Such a beautiful bird and you did manage to get a clear shot. Lovely. Thanks for sharing.

PS: A bit of post processing will really highlight details (pic #7). Try light room if you can.

Standing in my balcony earlier today and suddenly I see two dark piercing eyes staring right back at me from between the coconut tree branches. Was pleasantly shocked when I realized what I was looking at – a cute barn owl from nowhere and it appeared quite happy in the shade. I had to make a mad scramble for the camera hoping it wouldn’t fly away as those pesky crows were trying to peck it and the poor owl tried to fight back. It finally vanished in the evening. Maybe it will visit again tomorrow who knows. I liked that beautiful plumage and enjoyed these priceless moments. For the superstitious folk out there, what does this foretell? An impending death ? newfound wisdom ? incoming wealth lol ? or time to "upgrade" my hifi gear? :p

View attachment 54931

View attachment 54932

View attachment 54933

View attachment 54934

View attachment 54935

View attachment 54936

View attachment 54937

I thought the significance was well known among audiophile people.
Barn owl visitation means your speakers need massive upgrade.

View attachment 54931

View attachment 54932

View attachment 54933

View attachment 54934

View attachment 54935

View attachment 54936

View attachment 54937
Hello
Sean
Awesome pictures captured. So apart from being an audiophile, you are a good photographer. The message which this nocturnal bird of prey brings is nothing but a radical update in your audio chain.
Regards

View attachment 54931

View attachment 54932

View attachment 54933

View attachment 54934

View attachment 54935

View attachment 54936

View attachment 54937
Fantastic pictures...

@SEANDSILVA

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos. (à la National Geographic)
As a person that doesn’t live in a rural setting, consider yourself lucky to have seen such a beautiful bird.

I’m not up on the mythology of this, but owls are mostly bringers of wisdom and considered to be working for your higher good. So good luck.

Look into those beautiful, mesmerizing eyes...
1614225623648.png

View attachment 54931

View attachment 54932

View attachment 54933

View attachment 54934

View attachment 54935

View attachment 54936

View attachment 54937
Great photos Sean with good details. It actually came near your window to request you to play this track on your system.

Great pics SEANDISILVA!

If you are a small rodent or snake you might feel they are bad luck if you happen to be noticed by one.
On a more practical level, owls (like cats) prey on rodents and other small creatures. Any farmer with owls in his barn would see noticeably less damage to his crops and stores; if that doesn’t make him believe owls are lucky, nothing will.

Hi Sean,
Stunning photography.

I am living in Santacruz West near Juhu beach. My colony has lot of trees and birds are frequent visitors.
Couple of months back one day I heard a strange sound coming from the balcony and I found this creature sitting on my speakers stand, which I had kept in my balcony's loft.
I rushed back to get my mobile and tried to take some pics. It flew and sat on opposite flat's balcony.
Here some pics.
Maybe it is the same one you saw.
I think it is a music lover and is visiting Audiophiles homes.☺️☺️

Back