A cute little amp that’s topping in measurements

:D :D :D

Why there is an inherent notion in boutique industry that a very high end "audiophile grade" amps/dacs/speakers should cost in lakhs of rupees? (Yeah yeah I know it's human nature.....what with the examples of cars/watch .....all those luxury items. And yeah for the snobbery :D :D :D )

How one do respect the diverging views. Afterall it's ONE'S money and ONE'S hobby/passion.

Maybe some of us like the engineering aspect and measurements parameters for profoundly significant in the journey of this subjective passion. (And also I had to justify my costly hobby to wife :D )

And just to clarify, my share is not a validation of ASR nor an advertisement of the website. It's just a share. Much like I used to sing paeans of avsforums, audiogon etc (now much wiser to see the marketing and commercial interest there), it is just that the ASR and it's scientific perspective is a breath of fresh air in my not so long audio journey. The ASR list is not complete....amir has not tested "high end" audiophile gear YET. And yes personally I find it hard to find any sonic difference, when I used my Sundara/AKG 371, between my ipad/NX4 DSD/Sabaz D5/Topping A90/Denon x2500.

Never thought this thread will generate such engagement......I should have skipped the measurements charts, and wrote more on the cute form factor

I mean I can carry this amp in my pocket. Now I dare the Class AB fellows to brag that :D :D :D :D

Guys let's not forget the fun part of this discussion.

Amen to the last line , and its not even what is right and who is wrong as long as anyone does not get hung on the technicalities instead of the sound.

And Its not about money at all, only measurements and what is measurable and how it can influence a decision.. There are gear which do not cost much and still sound fantastic . maybe they measure good or maybe they do not. There are have always been and will always be low cost high performance components which punch far above their weight and cost and always overpriced branded ones which greatly underwhelm !

Its also not about Class D as well. that is what is used in every single small audio device and its not that all are cheap ..amps like Mola Mola, Spec audio are Class D are all " Audiophile stamped" and also expensive not to even bring in Devaliet onto the discussion.

And thanks for bringing up this topic as this is a good discussion as long as everyone goes out having learnt something new . I did.

Last edited:
Imo, class D is good as subwoofer plate amplifiers and not for main channel as they don't consume too much power. The o/p are barely watrm evenn after 2 hrs of playback.

I mean I can carry this amp in my pocket. Now I dare the Class AB fellows to brag that :D :D :D :D

Did you measure the dimensions of the amp and also that of your pocket to then determine whether the amp fits your pocket? Yes? You ASR bhakt! You will burn in hellfire forever!
OTOH, if you have eyeballed the amp and your eyes like the size, and your eyes also like the size of your pocket even though there is a big hole in them and has now determined that the amp fits - welcome to Heaven. The angels await!

Last edited:
Never thought this thread will generate such engagement......I should have skipped the measurements charts, and wrote more on the cute form form.

As long as the discussions are decent, meaningful, and constructive, it makes sense to have such engagements. As long as people don't use harsh words, point fingers, or start making fun of others, it stays healthy and meaningful.

Unfortunately, in HFV, In just two or three pages, people start getting agitated, personal, start hitting out at individuals, and harsh words start flying around. At the end, it is always 'you keep your views, I will keep mine', and some member(s) making an feeble attempt at humour.

Sigh! Some things will never change.

then determine whether the amp fits your pocket?
Yeah, if that is possible, D runs so cool that it is very safe as well taking into the fact that the pocket (the pant pocket) is so very close to the prospects of postereity. The same cannot be talked about other older Classes be it A or AB assuming it made pocket size and you have the balls to carry it in your pocket :l

I don't think theres many variables involved, as I said a car is a simple transport, it is not inherent entertainment like tv/movies or music. I
On a completely tangential note, practically every car includes an entertainment system too :D

And other less important variables like safety features and ratings perhaps? ;)

Last edited:
As long as the discussions are decent, meaningful, and constructive, it makes sense to have such engagements.
Yes, absolutely.
As long as people don't use harsh words, point fingers, or start making fun of others, it stays healthy and meaningful.
This thread is perfectly healthy. Yet! Let's not start making this out into something that it is not.
and some member(s) making an feeble attempt at humour.
Me! Me! Me! If one doesn't see the humour in it, however feeble it may seem to be, one is free not to laugh. There will always be people who get it and some who have lost it. The sense of humour, I mean. :p

Last edited:
On a completely tangential note, practically every car includes an entertainment system too :D

The day is not far away when it will be claimed additives added to the fuel will reduce friction, make the engine run smoother. Since the car alternator is mechanically married to the engine, the alternator will run smoother giving a harmonious voltage. Don't laugh. When people can hear sonic difference with power cables, additives to the fuel deserves much more respect as they can have a big impact on the power supply being fed to the entertainment system. ASR be damned :D

The day is not far away when it will be claimed additives added to the fuel will reduce friction, make the engine run smoother. Since the car alternator is mechanically married to the engine, the alternator will run smoother giving a harmonious voltage. Don't laugh. When people can hear sonic difference with power cables, additives to the fuel deserves much more respect as they can have a big impact on the power supply being fed to the entertainment system. ASR be damned :D
arent those already there ?

The Castrol Edge claims to have Titanium-based additives, primarily Titanium Oxide nanoparticles, which make for a great oil additive, as they bind to the surface of the engine parts and create a wear-resistant surface.

Man never thought ASR is so popular now.

For me it's just one of those few websites.

But let me confess: I am NOT going to buy this amp.

I will wait for a more powerful one (off course which should measures well. Benchmark was on my radar.....even Schiit Vidar)

And the entertainment system is an afterthought, it is an add on feature, not the core. If any car did not have wheels (and you could not replace them) no one would want it except perhaps some hardcore enthusiast.

The safety features are a practical consideration which I've mentioned, not that many focus on those when making a decision or assessing the value of a car. To note car accidents are very low given the number of cars and trips that occur everyday. I don't know what ratings your talking about.

It only makes sense to buy expensive branded products when it has practical value for your intended usage.
This is very true. In audio, there are also people who make custom, personalised gear that don't boast of any brand value and plays at the highest level. It pays to know where your money is going.

Also, in your case ( if I remember right ), you play with fully active, dsp based setup so your landscape will be very different. Buying an expensive audiophile amp is a foolish thing to do in such a setup. Pro gear rules there.

This is very true. In audio, there are also people who make custom, personalised gear that don't boast of any brand value and plays at the highest level. It pays to know where your money is going.

Also, in your case ( if I remember right ), you play with fully active, dsp based setup so your landscape will be very different. Buying an expensive audiophile amp is a foolish thing to do in such a setup. Pro gear rules there.

Customized gear can be good, especially from good designers but they will rarely make one offs just for you.

The DSP is before the amp but the speakers have a passive internal XO.

Customized gear can be good, especially from good designers but they will rarely make one offs just for you.

The DSP is before the amp but the speakers have a passive internal xo
Okay. In this system, have you tried different amplifiers ? Or is the DSP making it so good that an amp change will not show up at all due to its insignificance? In a friend's system that is fully custom and active, we once tried tube amplification for the highs while retaining SS for the lows. Difference was night and day. Never played with DSP, so don't have no clue about how massive the changes will be.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back