A Gem From Sansui !!!

Hi Anil
Did you buy this amp from Ebay USA or from india itself?

Hope i see this amp when i visit Akshay next time

Planning to get Sansui S 81 U passive tower speakers any reviews before i go ahead with the purchase?
Regards
Srinivasan.M

Hi,

Well well what we have here guys :cool: ! A speaker from from Sansui and that to what quality :eek: ?

sp-100i-h.jpg

As usual on search on the net for some info led me to this Jap site which had this outrageous of an speaker built by none other then the long lost Sansui with so much technology involved in it that even the best of the speakers available today in front it will be ashamed :eek:hyeah:!

Very sad though that this is no longer made (as the company itself no longer active in this segment,however they do have some cheap ass LCD's in India) !

Anyways I just thought to share it with you guys as its something to drool :licklips: !!

Read the complete details in the link below (translated to english)

SANSUI SP-100i

Please do share your thoughts on the same ! Also do make sure you check all the other outstanding speakers from all the jap brands there ! some of them are so good that you'll start to wonder what the heck the companies are doing now ???

Just one more example Technics SB-RX70

sb-rx70-h.jpg

Regards.
I am sceptical about that sansui in pic with that logo. The real sansui gear which has rave reviews (amps) are the one before it got sold to some other company who changed the logo to the one in pics. I am happy to be wrong here. There were real physics engineering marvels in 80s and 90s. But modern speaker researches are always related to new materials and dsp related stuff due to the absence of audience to the old school stuff(boxes). But I am also a fan of the boxes ;)

Agreed bro, there is something so special about those vintage amps.
loved the sound of Sansui au17 . lovely amp.

I have the AU-X11 completely restored, I never regret the effort spent on the amp, took me close to 1.5 years in getting it done.

The design is so complicated and they have used very high speed Sanken TO-3 transistors in the output stage.
Some of these amplifiers X1/X11 are said to go up in flames due to instability.
The preamp can be set to either active or passive, with the flip of a switch.

I have also worked on and listened to the AU-9900A, the midrange is so damn good, their 4 digit series sound a lot different that the AU-X1/X11.
The X1/X11 are more balanced in sound signature .

The 9900A had taken so much beating from previous tech, you could fry an omlette ontop of the amp after it is turned on.
I never expected the amp to survive 30 plus years but yeah Sansui makes some solid amplifiers.

After the recap it does sound brilliant.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back