A Hi-Fi Stereo setup

Hi Kiran,
All i know about AAD is the information I got reading an advt of theirs in AVM a while ago. I have never heard them so I wont comment.
If u heard it at Boomerang i can call them and ask a bit more about the brand and this particular model. Can surely get a 'very frank' opinion from them.
1.25L is good money for a speaker and there are more options than the ones u listed out above. How about a spendor, a Proac or even a Dynaudio.

But the most important thing is that u liked the sound. Proceed after doing some more spadework/googling i guess.
Rgds

PS - Sorry i missed my earlier post and yours in this thread where u mentioned boomerang. If its designer Audio distributing the brand we can get all the info u need. Just give me till tom and i'll reply
One more thing please:- Why have u doubled your budget? Hope no one at any vendor in bay has suggested u to up the budget to get decent sound?? Also if the budget for amp & speakers is 1.5L and the speakers are about 1.25, will u be upping the amp budget from 25K too? Makes no sense to expect a tiny budget amp to get the best out of MID FI speakers. Remember its a 4 ohm load so most amp ratings that u read will increase & some will even double X 4 ohms. But thats not all, The link says 50-300 W like my speaker says 25 - 120W and believe me no 80/100 watt amp has satisfied. Unless we know a bit more about this speaker, a bit more about the Co and the characteristics in general its tough for me to surely confirm whether 50/100 watts will do.
Any more questions/confusions call me on 98210 34414

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for sharing your views. :signthankspin:

Though I liked the speakers relatively, I too feel that I could get better speakers in the price range.

I had no idea about the AAD specs when I auditioned them. I understand now that they would require a more powerful amp to make them perform which would definitely shoot my budget. :annoyed:

I would prefer to stick to my earlier budget or go as high as 1L but I doubled my budget because I didnt seem to like anything that I was listening to.

Moreover, I dont want to end up buying a mediocre HiFi system and then start my search again for a better one. So I dont mind going upto 1.5L too if its good VFM.

Looks like I am back at square one.:confused:

Would appreciate some recos.

Thanks for your time Dinyaar. After speaking to you I feel like I m in safe hands. I will follow up on your recos and let you know my opinion.

Hi Kiran,
All i know about AAD is the information I got reading an advt of theirs in AVM a while ago. I have never heard them so I wont comment.
If u heard it at Boomerang i can call them and ask a bit more about the brand and this particular model. Can surely get a 'very frank' opinion from them.
1.25L is good money for a speaker and there are more options than the ones u listed out above. How about a spendor, a Proac or even a Dynaudio.

But the most important thing is that u liked the sound. Proceed after doing some more spadework/googling i guess.
Rgds

PS - Sorry i missed my earlier post and yours in this thread where u mentioned boomerang. If its designer Audio distributing the brand we can get all the info u need. Just give me till tom and i'll reply
One more thing please:- Why have u doubled your budget? Hope no one at any vendor in bay has suggested u to up the budget to get decent sound?? Also if the budget for amp & speakers is 1.5L and the speakers are about 1.25, will u be upping the amp budget from 25K too? Makes no sense to expect a tiny budget amp to get the best out of MID FI speakers. Remember its a 4 ohm load so most amp ratings that u read will increase & some will even double X 4 ohms. But thats not all, The link says 50-300 W like my speaker says 25 - 120W and believe me no 80/100 watt amp has satisfied. Unless we know a bit more about this speaker, a bit more about the Co and the characteristics in general its tough for me to surely confirm whether 50/100 watts will do.
Any more questions/confusions call me on 98210 34414

Kiran, also consider NAD CDP & Amp with PSB or MA speakers. This combo is solid for your kind of music...

I'd say
NAD 521BEE CDP
NAD 320BEE Integrated Amp
PSB Image T45

I think in Mumbai u can check this combo at LaKozy...

Dear KiranB,

Do try out the KEF iQ 50 speakers with the Denon PMA 710 integrated amplifier. Get a set of QED XT Evolution cables. I am pretty sure you will be impressed. Costs about Rs. 74,000 for combination but worth every Rupee.

I personally don't recommend music played of a PC unless you are storing it in an uncompressed format.

All the best with your hunt.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back