A little help here please...

josedandrew

Hi Guys,
My Norge 2060 arrived yesterday:yahoo:
But I am having some confusion here connecting the speakers.
The Amp speaker terminals are not marked Left/right:annoyed:
Then I did what everyone will do.. googled and found the Red RCA connection is for right channel and white is for left.
removed the red RCA cable from amp and now the sound was coming only from left channel, so it seems the speaker connection is OK.
But when I turn the balance control counter clockwise the sound shifts to right channel and vice versa.
Is this how it should be:confused:

Hi

There is some confusion here.

If you want to connect speakers to your amp, then on the back of the amplifier you'd find speaker binding posts.

Red is for positive and black is for negative.

Why do you need to connect RCA cables for ?

Hi Guys,
My Norge 2060 arrived yesterday:yahoo:
But I am having some confusion here connecting the speakers.
The Amp speaker terminals are not marked Left/right:annoyed:
Then I did what everyone will do.. googled and found the Red RCA connection is for right channel and white is for left.
removed the red RCA cable from amp and now the sound was coming only from left channel, so it seems the speaker connection is OK.
But when I turn the balance control counter clockwise the sound shifts to right channel and vice versa.
Is this how it should be:confused:

Congrats on your purchase!
Are there two versions in 2060...? I see some amps with A/B zone speaker terminals and some with just 4 terminals.
Post an image of the rear panel showing how the cables are connected.

RCA cables are used to connect things like CD players, etc to amplifiers.
Speaker cables are needed to connect amplifiers with speakers.

From the pic on the Norge website, on the left you have three inputs and one recording out (red and white connectors). This is where the RCA cables from source equipment like CD players go. Forget the REC OUT for now.
On the right you have the speaker cable connections (red and black). This is what friend2000 is talking about.

Please don't do something wrong in your excitement:)

Last edited:
Hi, Thank you all for the replies.
The Amp has 2 pairs of binding posts for connecting the speakers.
My question is which is for left and which is for right speaker..
Nothing is marked on the amp:sad:

With front of amp facing you left will be for left speaker & right for right speaker. Hope you are clear now or still confused?

Is your amp like this? This is really strange. Best to check with Norge.

2cfwd54.jpg

Why not connect one +ve and one -ve to a speaker and then play a stereo test from YouTube? That should sort it out.

Thanks guys..
Finally gave a call to Norge and they said its left channel on top and Right on bottom.:D
BTW, the amp sound very good paired with Pioneer BS-22 speakers.
Much more sweeter and easy on the ears than Audioengine speakers I was using.:clapping:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back