a new life

Suri, its not the ms301s but the tacet series tc2 in matt black finish.They are supposed to be 3 way with Vifa drivers according to Venu(I had sent you pics)

The speakers are 2- way MTM configuration with vifa drivers (TC2). I found it excellent vfm and very much suitable for small to medium listening rooms. As square_wave suggested pick up a tube amp from Mr.Siva and he has one for sale (i think the last one as he is moving to new high end SS stuff) for 22k and it will be a killing combo with the AP power amp & speakers for that price! Even your Marantz cdp will be a good match with that because I have listened CD6002 for few weeks with the setup. Another suggestion may be to get a diy kit like gobble did.

BTW I brought my new amp and could not listen for more than a few minutes.

Rgds,
Venu

Gvenu, thank you and congrats again! You mean you couldnt get time to listen to it for more than a few minutes, right?

The speakers are 2- way MTM configuration with vifa drivers (TC2). I found it excellent vfm and very much suitable for small to medium listening rooms. As square_wave suggested pick up a tube amp from Mr.Siva and he has one for sale (i think the last one as he is moving to new high end SS stuff) for 22k and it will be a killing combo with the AP power amp & speakers for that price! Even your Marantz cdp will be a good match with that because I have listened CD6002 for few weeks with the setup. Another suggestion may be to get a diy kit like gobble did.

BTW I brought my new amp and could not listen for more than a few minutes.

Rgds,
Venu

Venu,

Did you pick Siva's latest model (the one with the mosfets) ? We have been doing some extensive auditions with that amp recently.

Square wave, thank you! Looking forward to listening to it.

Suri, its not the ms301s but the tacet series tc2 in matt black finish.They are supposed to be 3 way with Vifa drivers according to Venu(I had sent you pics)

Great VFM speaker :)

Dear Square_wave,

Yes. The new mosfet one. Initial impression is excellent. Now I could listen my music at very low volume!

BTW what was your impression about the new amp because you have done lot of listening.

Rgds,
Venu

Square_wave, what are the differences btween the ms series and the tc series? Also as a user of the AP pre, how would you describe its performance with various types of music?

Denom, Will be in Bangalore on Aug 1st. I dont have the speakers and amp yet.

Dear Square_wave,

Yes. The new mosfet one. Initial impression is excellent. Now I could listen my music at very low volume!

BTW what was your impression about the new amp because you have done lot of listening.

Rgds,
Venu

Excellent. One of the best SS amplifiers I have heard. Even on a very revealing (one of the most revealing) speaker like the green mountain audio EOS, I could not hear even a hint of hardness in the sound. The opposite of most budget power amplifiers.

Very resolving. You need to hear the piano on this amp ! The attck, decay, harmonics and overtones of the instrument is crystal clear. Very hard thing to achieve convincingly.

Powerfull too :)

Square_wave, what are the differences btween the ms series and the tc series? Also as a user of the AP pre, how would you describe its performance with various types of music?

Denom, Will be in Bangalore on Aug 1st. I dont have the speakers and amp yet.

The MS series uses better drivers and crossover components. Better cabinets too. Overall a better speaker.

The AP preamp plays all music equally well. It is part of many hi-end systems in bangalore.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back