a new life

suri

starting - end of this month -

iaudio and i will start a NEW LIFE!

IT STARTS LIKE THIS -

ajay124 has been kind - and has parted with about 50 of his cds - listening to the adroitness of the recording engineers (of those albums) will be an experience in itself!

gvenu has parted with his tower loudspeakers and power-amp (acoustic portrait) - and the beneficiary is iaudio -

he will use his golden-ears to evaluate that system - before he (with reluctance!) gives the power-amp to me for evaluation!

i might even create a build using the (single-driver) Lowthers around this amp! - that should keep me occupied for 2 years!

iaudio and I plan to get down to bangalore at the end of this month -

and listen to various systems - including soundsgreat - prithvi - sridhar -

and even jamo!

all reports from this venture will be via iaudio!:)

Suri, there you go! And I had plans to take New equipment Riddles 101 from Stevieboy aka Riddler aka Bond after I get the goodies over here! Alas, thats not to be anymore!

As for the cds, I tried to make a modest bid, but you Goliaths( Suri and Capt Rajesh) beat me black and blue!

But the biggest surprise of the whole post of yours is the single driver intention of yours! Seems I am going to get frequent flier bonus from Indian Railways to Kannur.

Bangalore is gonna be huge, subject to DIY greats like soundsgreat, anilkumar finding time to accommodate us.

what is the planned date(s) for the BAJA (Bangalore Audio Jamboree For Audioholics)???? hopefully i can try to be there too....

My best wishes on your 'new life'.I wish I could have one too,better than my 'old' life.If I am able to close the deal for the Krell tomorrow I too may have a new life starting Tuesday(delivery) with hopefully a set up I can live with -Arcam cd 192/Krell 300il/VA'S/Transparent Audio IC's and speaker cables.
I have already spent part of the cd money on music by modern composers like Olivier Messiaen/Bela Bartok/Sergei Prokofiev/Ravel.
If I may recommend something from my ex music it would be
Beethoven- Piano Sonatas-Moonlight/Pathetique/Waldstein
Schubert- 'Unfinished' Symphony.Why are the best things in life,including the perfect hifi set up 'unfinished'?
Mendelssohn- Violin Concerto Opus 64.
Have a good life.

My best wishes on your 'new life'.I wish I could have one too,better than my 'old' life.If I am able to close the deal for the Krell tomorrow I too may have a new life starting Tuesday(delivery) with hopefully a set up I can live with -Arcam cd 192/Krell 300il/VA'S/Transparent Audio IC's and speaker cables.
I have already spent part of the cd money on music by modern composers like Olivier Messiaen/Bela Bartok/Sergei Prokofiev/Ravel.
If I may recommend something from my ex music it would be
Beethoven- Piano Sonatas-Moonlight/Pathetique/Waldstein
Schubert- 'Unfinished' Symphony.Why are the best things in life,including the perfect hifi set up 'unfinished'?
Mendelssohn- Violin Concerto Opus 64.
Have a good life.

thanks ajay124 - will do-

good luck with the krell 300il!

regds suri

Hi,

Thanks!

I will also start having a new experience in few days from now with the new Acoustic Portrait Dual Mono SS Power amp (200w/ch) pairing my Scan Speak based FS and Pio DV610/TDA 1541A DAC as source.

Will invite NCR HFV members (of course others also can join!) for a detailed listening session.

Rgds,
Venu

Hi,

Thanks!

I will also start having a new experience in few days from now with the new Acoustic Portrait Dual Mono SS Power amp (200w/ch) pairing my Scan Speak based FS and Pio DV610/TDA 1541A DAC as source.

Will invite NCR HFV members (of course others also can join!) for a detailed listening session.

Rgds,
Venu

hi gvenu -

yes,

have a good life!:)

regds

As for the cds, I tried to make a modest bid, but you Goliaths( Suri and Capt Rajesh) beat me black and blue!

Hi,

Already enjoying and overfeeding myself with stereo a lot.

@Iaudio - Suri and Capt. can always gift you those CDs using the cofeerights and you would never return those back to them.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Cheers!

@Iaudio - Suri and Capt. can always gift you those CDs using the cofeerights and you would never return those back to them.

In school I remember borrowing a cassette of Cliff Richard from a friend and falling in love with 'Evergreen Tree'.Hurling caution and morality to the winds I cut the song out of my friends tape,stuck the spool together with nail polish and stuck evergreen tree into one of my tapes.Took a lot of time and precision to get it right.My friend never noticed the deception which helped to reduce my guilt pangs a bit!When I met him in the 90's after many years I confessed to the crime and presented him my CD of Cliff's 20 love songs.

In school I remember borrowing a cassette of Cliff Richard from a friend and falling in love with 'Evergreen Tree'.Hurling caution and morality to the winds I cut the song out of my friends tape,stuck the spool together with nail polish and stuck evergreen tree into one of my tapes.Took a lot of time and precision to get it right.My friend never noticed the deception which helped to reduce my guilt pangs a bit!When I met him in the 90's after many years I confessed to the crime and presented him my CD of Cliff's 20 love songs.

Hi,

That was a cute one! Depicts your love for music at such young age. Not sure about your friend, if I was him, I would have given you a big hug!

Cheers!

The last shot in Orson Welles' Citizen Kane shows a sled with the word 'Rosebud'.The most precious moment of Kane's life?Well my 'Rosebud' moment is--being presented a National Panasonic Tape Recorder at the age of 11-12 by an uncle who had come from England for his annual visit to meet my dad.The first tapes I got were Cliff Richard's I'm Nearly Famous,Neil Diamond's 12 Classic Hits and Best of Abba.The walk to my school took 35 minutes and while I walked I used to be singing 'Devil Woman' 'Song Sung Blue' 'Hasta Manana' loud enough for all the passer-bys to hear....

Last edited:
starting - end of this month -

iaudio and i will start a NEW LIFE!

IT STARTS LIKE THIS -

ajay124 has been kind - and has parted with about 50 of his cds - listening to the adroitness of the recording engineers (of those albums) will be an experience in itself!

gvenu has parted with his tower loudspeakers and power-amp (acoustic portrait) - and the beneficiary is iaudio -

he will use his golden-ears to evaluate that system - before he (with reluctance!) gives the power-amp to me for evaluation!

i might even create a build using the (single-driver) Lowthers around this amp! - that should keep me occupied for 2 years!

iaudio and I plan to get down to bangalore at the end of this month -

and listen to various systems - including soundsgreat - prithvi - sridhar -

and even jamo!

all reports from this venture will be via iaudio!:)

Hey suri,

Which model AP speakers did iaudio pick up ? MS 301 or the one with the scanspeaks ? The AP amp is a giant killer !

Congratulations iaudio ! ;)

Hey suri,

Which model AP speakers did iaudio pick up ? MS 301 or the one with the scanspeaks ? The AP amp is a giant killer !

Congratulations iaudio ! ;)

hi square_wave,

MS 301 (vifa) -
iaudio will (probably) describe (in the way only he can) - the performance of both - will need to get a compatible pre-amp for the AP.

regds suri

hi square_wave,

MS 301 (vifa) -
iaudio will (probably) describe (in the way only he can) - the performance of both - will need to get a compatible pre-amp for the AP.

regds suri

He could ask siva to make a cost effective one for him. His preamp and power are a match made in heaven ;)

Square wave, thank you! Looking forward to listening to it.

Suri, its not the ms301s but the tacet series tc2 in matt black finish.They are supposed to be 3 way with Vifa drivers according to Venu(I had sent you pics)

iaudio,

Are you already listening to the tc2 speakers?

Last edited:
Hey Suri, iaudio,

Do send me a pm when you're coming down. I don't check the forum too much right now cos caught up with some other stuff but would like to meet up for a few auditions and meet you guys!

Regards
steve

Hey Suri, iaudio,

Do send me a pm when you're coming down. I don't check the forum too much right now cos caught up with some other stuff but would like to meet up for a few auditions and meet you guys!

Regards
steve

hi stevieboy - will do!

need for iaudio to listen to your system too -

regds suri

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back