New Dedicated home theater

sunild

Hello All,

I am still in the planning stage to build a dedicated home theatre, I have budget constraints but still want to make sure will build a high-end HT with seating and acoustics.

Have open space on 1st-floor dimensions 14 X 28 ( Golden ratio 1: 1.2 or 1.4). if I have to follow the same. then I have to build an additional separation wall.

Present component I have
AMP - Emotiva XPA-11 Gen3 11
Klipsh RP 8000 F, KLIPSH RP-500C , KLIPSH R-51M Surround (2), KLIPSH 40M (6), ATMOS SVS Prime elevation (2).
, SVS PB1000 (1)
AVR- Matantz 5012
Optoma - UZH65 LV - yet to buy
Apple 4K TV and Nvidia Shield
Marantz 8805A - yet to buy

I am planning for 7.4.2 Atmos and Aura 3D 13.2 channel setup.

Need suggestions on the below

Perforated screen size to buy - I am planning for a 135 wide Acoustically transparent screen. price and Banrd if you know any
Online UPS Brand and Capacity - I am planning APC online 1KVA
Lightning protection for Optoma UHZ65LV, for processor and AMP
Surge protection can APC control this or better to buy Surge protection.
Cooling FAN for all Components with Thermo Control
Planning to buy a Marantz 8805A Processor and an additional Emotaiva XPA 2 AMP or Marantaz AMP.
Acoustic Panels - This I will work with Manifacturrues to calculate the required panels based on the room size and the number of channels. any suggestion for any Company/Brand in the Budget category.
Floor Carpet - Any suggestion on Aqauastic floor carpet in the budget?
Marantz 8805A - does 8805a support the Dirac room calibration app or any processor suggestion which supports Aura3d and Dirac
Seating I will go for a regular Sofa 3 + 4 ( 2 rows), If anything in a budget option in Bangalore advise for HT seatings.
Room control - any advice app on iPhone or Android which can control all components, including lighting, and what lighting switches/controller I can buy.
I have to add one more SUB do you recommend an additional SPB-1000 or SB1000. any other suggestion.

Also, advice is ideal to keep all components on the back wall corner, instead of under/behind the screen. (Considering a single AC to keep cool all components including the Projector and seating area)

Kindly advise anyone who has demoed or experienced components or owns one of them. that will help me to choose the best available options.

Hello All,

I am still in the planning stage to build a dedicated home theatre, I have budget constraints but still want to make sure will build a high-end HT with seating and acoustics.

Have open space on 1st-floor dimensions 14 X 28 ( Golden ratio 1: 1.2 or 1.4). if I have to follow the same. then I have to build an additional separation wall.

Present component I have
Klipsh RP 8000 F, KLIPSH RP-500C , KLIPSH R-51M Surround (2), KLIPSH 40M (6), ATMOS SVS Prime elevation (2).
, SVS PB1000 (1)
AVR- Matantz 5012

Perforated screen size to buy - I am planning for a 135 wide Acoustically transparent screen. price and Banrd if you know any
Planning to buy a Marantz 8805A Processor and an additional Emotaiva XPA 2 AMP or Marantaz AMP.
Acoustic Panels - This I will work with Manifacturrues to calculate the required panels based on the room size and the number of channels. any suggestion for any Company/Brand in the Budget category.
Marantz 8805A - does 8805a support the Dirac room calibration app or any processor suggestion which supports Aura3d and Dirac
Seating I will go for a regular Sofa 3 + 4 ( 2 rows), If anything in a budget option in Bangalore advise for HT seatings.
Room control - any advice app on iPhone or Android which can control all components, including lighting, and what lighting switches/controller I can buy.
I have to add one more SUB do you recommend an additional SPB-1000 or SB1000. any other suggestion.

Also, advice is ideal to keep all components on the back wall corner, instead of under/behind the screen. (Considering a single AC to keep cool all components including the Projector and seating area)

Kindly advise anyone who has demoed or experienced components or owns one of them. that will help me to choose the best available options.
Sounds like a great setup and will get even better !
For panels, check out Sound Tight they do only sound proofing panels but are excellent. Acoustic panels Himalyan Acoustics is good and they also provide design services I believe
Processor don’t got for the 8805A as it’s quite dated and doesn’t have Dirac. The new Marantz AV 10 has Dirac and 15 channels but is around 12 lakhs.
A good option is the Integra DRX 8.4 - it’s an AVR but can also be used in processor mode as all its amp channels can be turned off. It has Dirac built in with support for DLBC, XLR inputs and 5 XLR outputs for the power amp. It’s about 5L

Thank you. I am thinking of Arcam-AV41 also. Marantz-AV10 is out of my budget. Arcam support Dirac. Not sure which will be better 8805A vs Arcam-AV1 with Dirac support. Or should wait until March if any new Marantz processor with Dirac support launch.

Also for Projector planning to go for Optoma-UHZ65LV, is there any think better than this in the same price range.

Can someone advise for Blu-ray player under 50K.

Regards
SK

Thank you. I am thinking of Arcam-AV41 also. Marantz-AV10 is out of my budget. Arcam support Dirac. Not sure which will be better 8805A vs Arcam-AV1 with Dirac support. Or should wait until March if any new Marantz processor with Dirac support launch.

Also for Projector planning to go for Optoma-UHZ65LV, is there any think better than this in the same price range.

Regards
SK
The Arcam AV41 for sure. It has all 8k/60fps inputs, all XLR outs, and has the Dirac full bandwidth license included, plus supports DLBC. It’s unlikely Marantz will release a new processor that’s lower end than the AV10. You’ll also get better warranty on the Arcam than on Marantz

Regards
SK
Arcam anyday..
Sony 5000 projector
Lumina screens

Blu-ray player I don't know.

Hello All,

Present component I have
, SVS PB1000 (1)
AVR- Matantz 5012

Acoustic Panels, please check out https://www.hertzacoustic.com/
Hemant is very helpful and will first analyse your space and offer appropriate solutions.

Rugs: Jaipur rugs have a wide range and good sizing options for all room sizes. Choose a thick one in your budget.

All the best! Room/equipment has lot of potential. :)

Hello All,

Present component I have
, SVS PB1000 (1)
AVR- Matantz 5012

One suggestion - setup looks great but the center may be small for the towers? I have an RP-8000F II 7.1 and I’m using the RC-64 III which has 4 x 6.5” woofers. I think there’s a model with 4 x 5” that is recommended with the 8000F. And for movie watching you’ll want an excellent center

Thank you guys for all your suggestions, will decide once the HT room construction part is done by April.

Regards
SK

Regards
SK
Regarding 4k Blu-ray player go for Panasonic UB 820 one of the best previously it’s available only in overseas now it’s available in Amazon but price is 60000. If you get from US/UK it may be cheaper

So, been getting an audible hum from the sub.
It starts humming on boot up, and kind of goes away after some playback.
But am worried about why it occurs at all.

Is it an electrical issue or sub issue?

Sorry for limited info, cos i just am noticing it. Happy to give more info.

Good folks, lemme know?

At this price, If possible get Xbox series X game console that comes with bluray player with high end hardware( comparing to normal bluray players).
It supports all audio formats + Atmos and provides best punch,seperation in the sound , You can install kodi player to play content from local hard disk or any other APPS that are installable in xbox + all OTT apps available . You can do occasional game play as well.

The only trick point is - you need to control the media with Game controller, No remotes.

May be you can live with SPB-1000 for now and do research and have a upgrade path to high end SUB slowly.
Look in to REL/Tonewinner 15"Sub or in 12" : SVS SB3000 series / XTZ edge , Rhythmic,REL etc .

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back