Yogibears' Time Machine: A 6BG6 SET Monoblock Tube Amp Review & Shootout

Hari, its capacitor coupled amplifier and you as an Amp Designer can very well guess the topology just from the top plate.

However I will share details on another amp, I have some pictures handy. The top of the amp:

View attachment 82122

The underside:

View attachment 82123

It was a very special amplifier with total number of 9 pcs of iron. It’s an interstage coupled EL84 Push Pull amp which made 12 watts per channel with sound signature of single ended and power rating of a push pull. It was tube rectified with 6SN7 at the driver stage. Despite minimal components and intensive iron, it was my most tiring build.

The design had inputs from Lynn Olson Sir. And it had a special sound signature. And it was certainly not my neat build under the chassis. I was too tired to make it neater…. Or plan around it.
I also don't believe in a neat looking and tie wrap every where to look good. The fields don't mind unless your wire has interference with each other. On the contrary whenever I tried wire tie and other fancy stuff to look good, I have always almost ended with a ground loop or hum. YMMV.

Thanks for sharing, as I can get an idea and learn from other DIYers.

@corElement

Sorry if my post triggered of a tangent on your original post. Continuing from what you wrote can you share a little more about your room size and what your listening space looks like to get a better idea of your listening impression. How large is your room? Do you have a dedicated listening position?

@corElement

Sorry if my post triggered of a tangent on your original post. Continuing from what you wrote can you share a little more about your room size and what your listening space looks like to get a better idea of your listening impression. How large is your room? Do you have a dedicated listening position?

hi no worries it is 12x15 with no treatment, with a bed. I actually prefer no treatment. I sit either near field 4ft away or on bed 8 ft away (closer to rear wall where I get more midbass) if I want less midbass I just move to center of room.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back