A new Linear TL Floor Standers for my next upgrade to 845 tubes

Congratulations Hari! Keep up the good work.

I haven't followed this thread closely but from what I have scanned I like the fact that you tried out the Vifa tweeter and changed your crossover freq (am I correct?). It's good to see that you are open to feedback. Good luck with the speaker!

Regards.

Congratulations Hari! Keep up the good work.

I haven't followed this thread closely but from what I have scanned I like the fact that you tried out the Vifa tweeter and changed your crossover freq (am I correct?). It's good to see that you are open to feedback. Good luck with the speaker!

Regards.

Thanks Nikhil. As per the distance between the woofer and tweeter center the cross-over frequency technically needs to be at around 1912Hz. I am not able to get the filter phase accurately at this cross-over and will require more simulation to get this correct. I may try eventually when time permits and shift the cross-over frequency from the current 1830Hz to 1912Hz eventually.

Initially i used the Peerless Kevlar and Peerless Aluminum dome tweeter. But i found the tweeter not aligning perfectly with the woofer. Also FM Kapvin suggested after his review that the tweeter may require to be changed for better integration. He had a pair of Tangband woofers and Vifa tweeters which he was not going to use and with his advvise i replaced both the woofer and tweeters. After many sessions of simulation and tweaking i could manage a good sound stage with them. As the TL box was originally designed for the Peerless woofer, i always wanted to restore them. After over a months simulation and tweaking, i was able to get the perfect balance of FR, impedance and phase as per my requirement. The journey with this speaker was quite long, but at the end very rewarding and opened to me many challenges and its possible solution for each one of them. Now i can confidently say that, I can now design a good speaker system and it took me close to 15 months with patience and perseverance to do this.:) Will like to invite you for a listening session if time and schedule permits for you when you visit Mumbai.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back