a novice needs help

vser

Hello
I have about 150 GB of movies in my laptop on which i watch movies, also have lot of DVD collection of movies
I have a 40 inch Sony LCD TV and Sony homethreatre at home
I was all in a mood to buy a compatible DVD player with USB drive (read about Pioneer/Samsung/Phillips model in this forum), from which i can watch my movies
Searching in google, i land up at this forum and 1st time i came to know about Mediadevices like Xstreamer, Playonhd etc, spent about 3 hours on this forum reading about these devices
Some questions, i am a novice at this
(1)
I have zeroed on to PlayonHD Mini, or Xstreamer
which is a better choice?
i will be watching movies downloaded from internet through external USB drive (2.0)
i also need a Wireless device
where to purchase th
(2)
I also need DVD drive (got many collection of DVD's as well) , do i have to purchase external DVD drive (with USB output)
could anyone tell me the cheapest DVD drive/player available , and what type of connections to be made to Xstreamer/Playon HD
thanks
vivek

Hi

Had almost the same confoguration at my home too ( 32 Inch Sony LCD Full HD and Sony HTIB DZ-510 ) , I went with Xtreamer and am happy with it. Since then I upgraded to 50 Inch LG Plasma 50PK550 and that works great too.

1. ) Try Ebay , there is a deal of Week going on , you ll get a Wifi dongle free too.

2.) You can go for a dedicated external DVD drive too but to save money simply put DVD in Laptop and Share the drive over Lan. Of course for that you ll need to have a router.

In case any more Q. Please ask or PM me.

Regards
Jatin

thanks, yesterday i placed order for POHD - should be getting the player soon
regarding the DVD sharing thing, i have a Reliance Wimax net connection at home (in which a modem/router is not needed)
do i have to insert a router in between to share my laptop DVD drive to the POHD?
(my laptop have wi-fi and POHD coming with Wi-Fi)

Last edited:
was able to connect POHD with my wifi Laptop without any Router using "ad hoc wifi setup connection" (which dont need any router)
using POHD for last 3 days, watched some 10 movies - it can play all formats i can throw at it
POHD rocks, a good product
got it for 12.5K with wifi dongle

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back