A Price thread for TurnTables??

jk_chaos

Why dont we start off a pricing thread for turntables?? So that it can guide prospective turntable buyers?? Its there for all the other components but not this.. Expecting your valuable inputs.. Myself i need the best available price for a Pro Ject Debut 3..

Hi jkc,

I have ordered my Audio-Technica LP-120 from Amazon which is on its way and it costs me $210, was shipped to my friends place at Pennysylvania. Hope to receive it any time this July.

N.Murali

Why dont we start off a pricing thread for turntables?? So that it can guide prospective turntable buyers?? Its there for all the other components but not this.. Expecting your valuable inputs.. Myself i need the best available price for a Pro Ject Debut 3..

TT's, cartridges and phono amplifiers go hand in hand. Its best to track prices for all three. I currently have one being modded in USA and planning to pick it up soon. Will post the final pricing after that.

I have the Audio techinca LP120USB. I purchased this from amazon.com in Dec 2009 & I used vpost to ship it to me. Landed cost after freight, duties etc was about Rs. 20k. There was some minor damage to the lid of the turntable but it is fully functional. I recently got the at91 cartridge & shure m97xe cartridge through my friend in the US for about $25 & $50 respectively (from amazon.com)

regards

Arvind

Any idea on the pricing of the Pro-ject Genie 3 turntable in India?
It will be my first turntable whenever I make up my mind for a turntable, just for the looks ;)

Any idea on the pricing of the Pro-ject Genie 3 turntable in India?
It will be my first turntable whenever I make up my mind for a turntable, just for the looks ;)

I spoke with Mr Anand of Nova Audio today. Wonderful gentleman to talk to! He has quoted 23K for the RPM 1,3 Genie with the Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. The cart by itself is $99. Euro price of the table is Eu399 so the 23K seems like a nice enough deal. There may or may not be scope for bargaining. Stock is available and the table can be delivered in 48 hours.

He also advised that at this price point and with the 2M (MM) cart, the 1,3 is a better table to have when compared to the Debut III.

Back