a question before buying

kamal12341

is the FAN NOISE a worry factor,will it affect while watching hd movies.I have heard that it makes some kind of high frequency noise.

Hi,

Yes, the fan sound will be irritating if you are especially using an older one. I initially had only fan in my HT room, went mad and then got an AC installed. Though i dont feel much disturbance while listening to music, it does affect the performance while watching movies.

Cheers!

Are you talking a ceiling fan or cooling fan in htpc case?

Hi,

:sad: Sorry for my above post bro! Thought you were talking about ceiling!

I have not heard of much issues with fan noise in xtreamer, my friend has been using one for a while!

Hi,

:sad: Sorry for my above post bro! Thought you were talking about ceiling!

I have not heard of much issues with fan noise in xtreamer, my friend has been using one for a while!

actually many have complained abt the high frequency noise made by the fan on xtreamer forums

As long as you watch war OR similar scenes,fan will not interrupt you.
With silent scenes,yes.

I had once attached my PC to LCD in main room as temporary HTPC. Its fan used to make a loud noise. I also have 5.1 HT speakers. Its true that in high volume scenes (like war) you rarely notice the fan sound. However, if your attention gets drawn towards it, it becomes irritating & spoils everything particularly if you are listening to music...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back