A question of economy

vaibhav

Hello

After having picked everyone's brain about AVRs and some other things - here're the last couple questions:

1. For a room size of 15*12 (approx) - no damping provided or expected, is a modest FS such as wharfedale / monitor audio bronze series or Jamo E series (Discountinued now) good ? Or would a bookshelf be a better choice? The AVR wiil be a Marantz.

2. Has anyone given attention to the power consumption of the receiver? Do two channels driven (out of 7.1) of the AVR reduce the consumption? Some of the AVRs that i liked show power consumption of 750 watts. Over about 40 hours per month, this can surely add up? Or is this a non-issue?

thanks in advance.

Has anyone given attention to the power consumption of the receiver? Do two channels driven (out of 7.1) of the AVR reduce the consumption? Some of the AVRs that i liked show power consumption of 750 watts. Over about 40 hours per month, this can surely add up? Or is this a non-issue?

If you configure only the 2.0 or 2.1 speakers to "yes" and the rest of them to "none" in the AVR speaker setup, I am sure the power usage will be limited to the amplification of these 2 speaker lines and other routine tasks of the AVR.

Thanks Skumar - very valuable info.

Any input on the bookshelf doubt i have? Is the room large enough for FS - delhi has a sad scene in audio dealers and i wont be able to audition at home for sure .... even relaxed auditioning in dealer set up is a rarity :(

I am no expert, but what I gathered from the gurus out here is that FSs typically need some space between them and the walls (behind and beside). If you zero in on one or two specific make/models and let the gurus know, they might be able to give you more details.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back