A Short Trip to Dubai - Audtioning ONKYO 608 AND 876

sunild

Hi All,

i didn't get place to audition in my country where i stay, i planned to pass through Dubai while coming to India ,if i get better deal Onkyo TX-SR608 Onkyo TX-SR876 .i would buy and ship it to East Africa from Dubai as it will be cheaper for me to ship.

i will be pairing this with my old Sony 5.0 speakers.

do let me know guys from UAE any offers on only above models and latest best price offered.

i will be there for 2 days on 5th and 6th i may get only half day or few hrs to audition and decide about to buy any one of the above receiver.

Mainly am looking at the showrooms near to Airport and Deira area i would be staying in Deira.

Hi Sunild,

I was thinking on the same lines. I have a friend of mine who is in Dubai for 2 days. He was travelling light so I thought of loading him with my HTiB box :)

If you get any leads from any forums members or any prices from Shops/ websites for the Onkyo HT 3300 or Onkyo 5300.... please drop me a post/ PM asap.

I'll then ask him to pick it up from there.

Thx

@snorkel4u ,

sure i will update you with details i get when i visit.

@kittu ,

Yes ,

i have just mailed in the morning vv and son dubai regarding the prices for the new 2011 models 309 ,NR509 AND NR 609.

I would be watching this thread. I am due to pass through Dubai in 2-3 months timeframe. I would love to explore the electronics there and pick up something which fits in the budget.

Do post the prices, good shops and experience.

Be informed that Customs duty in India is 35%of value(Indian price and not Dubai) exceeding RS.25,000,which is the permissible limit.

Yes i do know that will be shipping to Africa to use it there not to India.

Guys any one from Dubai update on any deals going on with dealer name and details.

Please make it a point to go to Audissey in Wafi Mall and Dubai Audio Centre on Shaikh Z Rd.
The latter is a feast for the ears with their MBL system. The former, for the the eyes and ears.
:)

Dear All,

I visited vv and sons ,i had only 30 min time as i went at 3.30pm and shop opened at 5 pm.
I found there were no ht-s 3300 and sr-608 ,only i auditioned ht-s 5300 all speakers arrangements were in in single shelf only there was no time thats why i through of just to listen few audio tracks not much impressive as onkyo is for mainly for movies ,which i didn't make it watch ,because of the time.

i Checked with dealer for onkyo NR-609 they were expecting at the earliest need to call and check again ,i have decided to get nr-609 not sure about the price yet will update later.

Visited Dubai for 2 days it was nice trip enjoyed ,desert safari ,city tour but missed dhow cruise due to time limit next time.

Regards

there is shop called jumbo electronics, u can google it.
which give u best deal at cheap rates.Please look for local shop dealer in dubai .

visit ratna in bur dubai for excellent deals on consumer electronics , around 10-20% cheaper then Jumbo. try Carrefour at Bur Dubai outside the bus stand , i dont remeber if they keep Home AV systems.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back