A simple and easy software to manage movie collections ?

For movies I've been using EMDB for a long time. Its online export feature makes it easy for me to share my movie collection online too.

Thanks for your reply. By custom field, I meant that I want an option to add extra fields where I can update my personal data, for e.g. my views on the movie, another field to update that the subtitles are bad, etc.

I'm looking for a ready solution & will definitely consider XBMC when their Android app is released.

Any other suggestions?

well My Movies.dk is the closest this I have used when it comes to putting your own rank, personal review and all. But its got too poor interface and does not entirely pick data from IMDB, plus a pathetic YAMJ.

For movies I've been using EMDB for a long time. Its online export feature makes it easy for me to share my movie collection online too.

sharethe.tv does exactly this for XBMC and in a much better way with all cover arts and information. Check my sig

sharethe.tv does exactly this for XBMC and in a much better way with all cover arts and information. Check my sig

I've tried XMBC and its good. Only problem is I don't have a dedicated HTPC. I use my PC for work, music (mainly) and watching the odd movies.

Primarily though I use the TV and WDTV/DVDP for watching movies. Windows Media Center, XMBC, etc. do a lot more than I need for my present needs.

BTW - If you know of anything to catalog/itemize my entire music collection please do share. I've tried many but MusicBee is the best I've been able to come up with.

Thanks folks, but I found XBMC to be an overkill for what I want to achieve.

Can we move beyond XBMC & explore other options please?

Please keep the suggestions coming!!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back