A/V receiver with USB port/ ipod connectivity

balajeem

Hello,

I am on the lookout for an A/V receiver that has USB port and also has ipod connectivity. It's fine even if it has either one of them i.e. either USB or ipod connectivity. Does Denon has any model ? where in chennai one can get ?

Budget range 20 - 25K. Is it possible to get at this price ?

Hello,

I am on the lookout for an A/V receiver that has USB port and also has ipod connectivity. It's fine even if it has either one of them i.e. either USB or ipod connectivity. Does Denon has any model ? where in chennai one can get ?

Budget range 20 - 25K. Is it possible to get at this price ?

In Denon only the highest range, namely 3808 and 4808, have USB ports. The lower models do not have USB ports. Better option will be to buy a DVD player that has an USB port.

For connecting an iPod, you need a iPod dock such as Denon's ASD-IR that is sold separately. This will have a cable that has to be connected to the AVR.

At your budget you can look at the 1508 and the 1708 models of Denon AVRs.

In Chennai Denon is sold by Pro-FX (officially) who have a showroom in Spencers Plaza.

Cheers

Thank you very much venkatcr. I am not very particular on Denon ( though I like it very much ) . I have heard there could some model in Yamaha or Pioneer in 25k with USB port support - Are you aware of any such model ?

Any suggestion for DVD player with USB port?

Thanks very much for your answer - much appreciated.

I have Denon AVR 1306 ( old model ?) - I hope the iPOD dock model of Denon will be compatibel with this AVR model.

Thanks.

Hi

I'm researching for avr and speakers for the past week or so. I met this guy in ludhiana who is a dealer of denon, sonodyne, etc. He showed me denon's latest catalogue. It shows AVR-1908 as having wireless connectivity for media server and ipod. he quoted it for 40k. You can try at the following dealer of denon in chandigarh.

M/s. Symphony
Contact No: 2770091 / 098153 26334
Dealers in: DENON, Polk Audio & QED

Ask him for the latest catalogue, it has details of all connections (and any accessories required) that are possible with various denon receivers. The catalogue I saw had these details right at the end.

Hope this helps, Cheers.

balajeem said:
Thank you very much venkatcr. I am not very particular on Denon ( though I like it very much ) . I have heard there could some model in Yamaha or Pioneer in 25k with USB port support - Are you aware of any such model ?

Balaji,

USB connection is available only in the expensive AVRs. In any case, having an USB in an AVR does not make much sense, as it needs an external player to play whatever is in the USB drive - whether it is audio or video. The AVR by itself does not have an capabilities to play from any source.

Any suggestion for DVD player with USB port?

Literally all modern DVD players have USB port built in. Look at Pioneer 410, Samsung 1080PK, and most players from Philips.

I have Denon AVR 1306 ( old model ?) - I hope the iPOD dock model of Denon will be compatible with this AVR model.

All iPod docks have audio R&L RCA output sockets. This makes them compatible to any amplifier that has RCA Input sockets.

param22k said:
I'm researching for avr and speakers for the past week or so. I met this guy in ludhiana who is a dealer of denon, sonodyne, etc. He showed me denon's latest catalogue. It shows AVR-1908 as having wireless connectivity for media server and ipod. he quoted it for 40k. You can try at the following dealer of denon in chandigarh.

Param, this seems to be wrong information. The 1908 does not have wireless connectivity at all. And though there are multiple ways of connecting an iPod, the easiest is a dock.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, 40K is too much for the 1908.

Please re-check your information on the 1908.

Cheers

Param, this seems to be wrong information. The 1908 does not have wireless connectivity at all. And though there are multiple ways of connecting an iPod, the easiest is a dock.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, 40K is too much for the 1908.

Please re-check your information on the 1908.

Cheers

Hi, sorry if I'm wrong. I trusted the dealer on what he told me, he might've been wrong himself. Anyways, the best thing for our friend would be to visit the denon dealer and check out the catalogue himself...

Cheers

Hi,

The yamaha Rxv459 (costs <20k) has a ipod connectivity port at front which is convenient. It also has a correction mode for mp3 compression, but couldnt make out the difference.

Regards,
Sudhir

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back