:confused:
which one.... which one

1) Denon AVR-1507 525W 7.1 Channel A/V Receiver With Auto Setup

2) Denon AVR-1508 525W 7.1 Channel A/V Home Theatre Receiver

3) Denon AVR-1707 525W 7.1 Channel A/V Home Theatre Receiver

4) Onkyo TX-SR304 500W 5.1-Channel A/V Surround Receiver

5) Onkyo TX-SR504 910W 7.1 Channel A/V Surround Receiver

6) Onkyo TX-SR505 1120W 7.1 Channel Home Theatre A/V Receiver

Denon is good for Music, Onkyo for Movies.

What is your preference ? music/movies you listen to ?

what is the mix of music/movies you listen to ?

What speakers do you have ?

Ans. these questions and then narrow down your choices.

Is 1909 available locally, but it would be very expensive as its recently launched, better to hold on for prices to come down and then go for the same :)

Answer these questions below:

What is your preference ? music/movies you listen to ?
what is the mix of music/movies you listen to ? 60% movies ? 40% music ?

Have you played your choice of music on this package ?
Do you have the space/walls to mount the left/right surrounds ? or are you going in for stand mounts ? Stands are not part of the pkg.

The receiver specs show 130w min power while the speakers show 130w maximum. power rating at 8ohms. Have you played any music / movies loud on this combination of receiver/speakers ? You should be able to turn up the volume upto 25% of the range without any distortion in sound ?

rgds

Pls see my replies in bold and colour

answer these questions below:

What is your preference ? Music/movies you listen to ? - both
what is the mix of music/movies you listen to ? 60% movies ? 40% music ? - 50:50

have you played your choice of music on this package ?: no not yet

do you have the space/walls to mount the left/right surrounds ? Or are you going in for stand mounts ? Stands are not part of the pkg. : yes will wall mount

the receiver specs show 130w min power while the speakers show 130w maximum. Power rating at 8ohms. Have you played any music / movies loud on this combination of receiver/speakers ? You should be able to turn up the volume upto 25% of the range without any distortion in sound ?

Rgds

Pls see my replies in bold and colour

Ok. Take your top5 Audio and Video CDs/ DVDs and play them on the exact system you intend to buy.

As I mentioned earlier, try out different sound modes available in the receiver.

Raise the volume to as high as you can comfortably listen to, and see if there is distortion in sound, given the receiver seems to be of a higher spec than the speakers.

Make sure the audition room has a 7 speaker setup or a 5.1 setup at a minimum.

The Onkyo HTIB should be good. Specs look good. If you are the type who dont want to get into the details but want good sound, it should do the work for you. If you are a audiophile who can discern between the finer nuances of sound, you would probably opt for a separate Speaker package.

Last edited:
week before I have checked out the Harman kardon-JBL speakers and onkyo basic model and felt that onkyo was better than HK-JBL......so prefer onkyo...

can u suggest any combi or different brand
-how is pro-fx, sensai, jbl speakers???????:confused:

Ok. Take your top5 Audio and Video CDs/ DVDs and play them on the exact system you intend to buy.

As I mentioned earlier, try out different sound modes available in the receiver.

Raise the volume to as high as you can comfortably listen to, and see if there is distortion in sound, given the receiver seems to be of a higher spec than the speakers.

Make sure the audition room has a 7 speaker setup or a 5.1 setup at a minimum.

The Onkyo HTIB should be good. Specs look good. If you are the type who dont want to get into the details but want good sound, it should do the work for you. If you are a audiophile who can discern between the finer nuances of sound, you would probably opt for a separate Speaker package.

week before I have checked out the Harman kardon-JBL speakers and onkyo basic model and felt that onkyo was better than HK-JBL......so prefer onkyo...

can u suggest any combi or different brand
-how is pro-fx, sensai, jbl speakers???????:confused:

Sure.

There is a wide range at different price points for speakers. I've auditioned Wharfedale Diamond9.0 & 9.5, MonitorAudio Bronze, Jamo, KEF IQ series and Acoustic Energy AELite, so can speak about them. I dont know about ProFX, JBL or Sensai.

Of the lot I auditioned, I chose Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 for their warm sound, and good bass and their price. These are big floor standing speakers.

Speaker choice can be based on :

- Room Size
- Music preferences ( Indian, Western, Classical, Rock/Pop etc. )
- Movies/Music mix, which you said is 50:50.
- Do you like to listen to sound that is sharp or warm ?
- Aesthetics. How particular are you about this ? Do you want the HT to integrate with a FlatPanel TV you already have ? If yes, do you want the speakers to be small & discrete or are you ok to have stands/wall mounted speakers next to TV ?

Bear in mind, I am not discouraging you from buying the Onkyo S5100. Audition the package and then decide. Most of the HTIBs are manufacturer defined packages, so should be ok.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back