A weird observation in dual sub configuration

Love4sound

So I use a xtz 12.17 and my room has bad dips after 50 hz. So I borrowed a 6 inch Yamaha 50 watts to test dual subs. Huge improvements and I was feeling bass that I never heard with 1 xtz. So after a night of testing the next day again I played the same scenes and was amazed. After a hour I noticed the 2nd sub Yamaha was actually off as I forgot to power it up. So I went to speaker configuration in my Denon 4500 and changed sub configuration to 1 speaker and the bass was weak and lost all the improvements. So my finding here is why I am not able to get the optimal performance of xtz in 1 speaker configuration that I get in 2 speaker configuration with one sub turned off. I once had dual xtz and noticed the same as well. Even though sub configuration is 2 speakers with one sub powered off technically it’s a single xtz playing

That is a very plausible explanation. Also, I have a living cum dinning room with an open kitchen. Audyssey did a pretty terrible job at bass management. I did manual EQ for only L/R speakers and setup those speakers as small (with one sub). That made a lot of difference. If you have a Marantz AVR, I can share my EQ curve with you. Otherwise also you could try my EQ settings as base and tweak as per your own room acoustics.

That is a very plausible explanation. Also, I have a living cum dinning room with an open kitchen. Audyssey did a pretty terrible job at bass management. I did manual EQ for only L/R speakers and setup those speakers as small (with one sub). That made a lot of difference. If you have a Marantz AVR, I can share my EQ curve with you. Otherwise also you could try my EQ settings as base and tweak as per your own room acoustics.
Manual I tried but due to lot of dips I need audysey enabled for bass to be better in my case.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back