AC Ryan Play On (Dolby Passthru)

thinkrupak

Can any one suggest if AC Ryan Play on Mini 1 can pass thru Dolby TrueHD, DTS-MA and HD Audio to an AVR thru HMDI?

Does it needs Optical cable or it's possible thru HDMI????

Am a bit confused . . . .plz hlp:rolleyes:

You cannot pass HD Audio through optical, not enough bandwidth. It can only be passed through HDMI.

And to answer your question, yes AC Ryan PlayOn HD can bitstream HD Audio through HDMI to receiver. I use the same player with my Denon 1611 and it works fine.

You may need to upgrade to the latest firmware though.

You cannot pass HD Audio through optical, not enough bandwidth. It can only be passed through HDMI.

And to answer your question, yes AC Ryan PlayOn HD can bitstream HD Audio through HDMI to receiver. I use the same player with my Denon 1611 and it works fine.

You may need to upgrade to the latest firmware though.

Hi Tirthankar,
i have been reading a lot of threads lately to drill down to a media player which can output 5.1 dts/dobly over the receiver through optical out.

Since you have been using AC Ryan, could you please confirm if the player can output 5.1 DTS sound through optical out ..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back