• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Acoustic Research speakers

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

SwaroopKS

Hi,

Does anyone own Acoustic research speakers in Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad? There was an ad for AR 90 speakers in hifiads just 2 days back and its gone in a flash today.

I was keen on having them but could not due to cash crunch right now. If any owners can post their impressions or permit me for a listening session at their place, i would be immensely happy and grateful!

Thanks
Satya

navinsinha

Hi,

Does anyone own Acoustic research speakers in Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad? There was an ad for AR 90 speakers in hifiads just 2 days back and its gone in a flash today.

I was keen on having them but could not due to cash crunch right now. If any owners can post their impressions or permit me for a listening session at their place, i would be immensely happy and grateful!

Thanks
Satya

I have a pair of AR 18s for the last five years and have found them to be simply superb. I would not like to sell them unless I get something really better. I have auditioned quite a few but could not find anything comparable at a reasonable price point!

SwaroopKS

True. I am trying to get AR 90 but feel they r quoted at premium due to unavailability and their vintage status.

SwaroopKS

Hi All,

I just have a few questions regarding these speakers if anyone could answer them.

I am planning AR90 as fronts in my HT setup

1. Thinking of Marantz for avr, would it pair well?

2. Which speakers should I use as mid and surrounds to create synergy. For mid am thinking of used B&W for centre n still can't decide on surrounds.

Thanks
Satya

M

mpw

i saw those AR90's in hifiads and they had vanished the next day...

someone must have picked them up :) rather quickly..

SwaroopKS

i saw those AR90's in hifiads and they had vanished the next day...

someone must have picked them up :) rather quickly..

Exactly, they just vanished in a day !!! Even before I could call/msg the person.

I have listed for then in wanted section but no responses till now :sad:

M

mpw

the seller would have had a change of heart mostly.. or the buyer would have pounced on it.

But there are other machlis in the sea :)

SwaroopKS

the seller would have had a change of heart mostly.. or the buyer would have pounced on it.

But there are other machlis in the sea :)

Yes.... but the only problem is i am not able to find them! :annoyed: