i want a stereo set up, options are
aktimate mini
swans 200 mk3
thonet and vanders kugel or koloss
mackie mr6 mk3
(in decreasing order of preference)
vs
pre owned stereo amp+ boston acoustics a 26 or mission mx3
(boston with stands will cost same as of mx3)
OR OR OR
i can hv home theatre which can play stereo
i can sale my current home theatre for 18 k and get a budget of upto 75k but then i need avr+ speakers in that budget
PLZ HELP

Hi

See these links...

https://www.hifimart.com/package-de...receiver-with-mission-m3-5-1-speaker-set.html

Or you can do mix and match......

For Stereo look at the following Bookshelf speakers....Polk RTi A1 series, Wharfedales, Boston Acoustics......

https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/bookshelf-monitor

Pair the same with a good Stereo amp like PMA series of Denon or Marantz PM series...

You can also check options on HT Store etc....Amazon may be a bit expensive...compare and decide before buying...

Powered or active speakers may work also...see this link....

https://www.bajaao.com/collections/monitors-speakers

All the best

I don't want HTiB i guess it won't give good stereo sound or won't be upto the mark of separates

And as i asked should i go for active speakers or passive or home theatre based stereo set up. Preference is 60% movies and 40% music

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

any reason to choose active over passive, i heard mackie the sound was ok but not outstanding but that was a hall where it ws set up so that may be the reason for average result of mackie

Swans + a DAC if you have digital sources. Pre-owned amps and speakers are often a good deal but again often are difficult to find both at the same time. You may have to wait a while to find the right pre-owned amp for you.

will swans be better than mackie? anyone heard both of them? thonet and vander kugel or koloss doesnt stand vs these? coz thonet hs bluetooth also

OR OR OR
i can hv home theatre which can play stereo

and get a budget of upto 75k but then i need avr+ speakers in that budget PLZ HELP

An AVR + speakers would suit your need.. A powered speaker will do just fine, but will rob you the flexibility of integrating with other components..

Plenty of options for AVR + speakers in 70 - 80K... Taga 5.0 series are VFM and popular ones..

An AVR + speakers would suit your need.. A powered speaker will do just fine, but will rob you the flexibility of integrating with other components..

Plenty of options for AVR + speakers in 70 - 80K... Taga 5.0 series are VFM and popular ones..
What other options u can suggest? mission mx3 5.1 or boston a26 won't be better than Taga?

What other options u can suggest? mission mx3 5.1 or boston a26 won't be better than Taga?

Don't worry abt which brand is better than the other...If 70 - 80K is what you can spend max, then look at 5.1 AVR from any brand and complete 5.1 system.

If you can spare some more over time, then build your system..

Consider these as Ex - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tav-606-se-speaker-package.html?search=Taga&page=2

+ Any basic 5.1 AVR.

If you have any budget left, save it for a subwoofer..

Don't worry abt which brand is better than the other...If 70 - 80K is what you can spend max, then look at 5.1 AVR from any brand and complete 5.1 system.

If you can spare some more over time, then build your system..

Consider these as Ex - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tav-606-se-speaker-package.html?search=Taga&page=2

+ Any basic 5.1 AVR.

If you have any budget left, save it for a subwoofer..
Ok thats helpful thanks

Any other suggestions are welcome

AVR is one option as Elangoas said. The other option for music to start with, get an integrated amp like Marantz Pm6005 /6006, with speakers like Dali Zensor 3 or Polk rti series bookshelves or an Elac bookshelves.

AVR is one option as Elangoas said. The other option for music to start with, get an integrated amp like Marantz Pm6005 /6006, with speakers like Dali Zensor 3 or Polk rti series bookshelves or an Elac bookshelves.

Would this ne better than active speakers? Coz it will cost 30k more compared to some good active speakers

Would this ne better than active speakers? Coz it will cost 30k more compared to some good active speakers

But hw will be the cost to quality ratio as passive means 35k more for amp

Else i m thinking of getting mission mx3 5.1 and denon avr x1300. I think mission mx3 FS will do good for stereo also as per other FM.. It will also give movie plus music set up to me..
(i can increase my budget to 85k if i go for home theatre but not stereo only set up)

Last edited by a moderator:
You started the thread looking for a stereo setup, that makes people assume music is your preference over movies, if so then stay with stereo. Any HT will be able to play music in stereo but will you be happy with the outcome?
If you really wish to listen to music then it will be an utter failure unless you are buying a top of the line AVR, considering your budget obviously that is not what you are looking for. So decide which you prefer more.
A prediction: if you get a HT setup now and settle with that for music, let the year give way to a new one and you will get a dedicated stereo system. That is what happens, so choose carefully and wisely.

You started the thread looking for a stereo setup, that makes people assume music is your preference over movies, if so then stay with stereo. Any HT will be able to play music in stereo but will you be happy with the outcome?
If you really wish to listen to music then it will be an utter failure unless you are buying a top of the line AVR, considering your budget obviously that is not what you are looking for. So decide which you prefer more.
A prediction: if you get a HT setup now and settle with that for music, let the year give way to a new one and you will get a dedicated stereo system. That is what happens, so choose carefully and wisely.
My bad.. Sorry for that but i am new here and confused with what to do.. Only stereo under 50k budget and continue to use home theatre i already own or sell that and buy a good HT and listen music on that.. I want that for 65% movies and 35% music
That's why this whole confusion and this is going on since 2 months in ma mind.. :(

finally came to end of my search for active vs passive and considering all the things i finalised on swans m200 mk3 or JBL LSR 305? so which one will be a good bet for listening music at home and for tv audio (dont need it for studio or mixing)..
source would be my cell phone or laptop through ext dac audioengine d3

I have heard great things about the Swans m200 mklll from a musical perspective and 6moon Reviews it as a class of it's own. Also, Abhishek,the owner of hifinage is a great knowledgeable guy and lest assured he will provide the best of service.

Finally bought Pioneer vsx 1131 with mission mx3 5.1, awaiting product delivery..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back