Add a Live Music Section?

sqvare

Just a suggestion:

Should there be a separate section under Community Centre (or Source Material!) for live music events where members could post info about new concerts or events that may not be widely reported in the media? Folk could later post their reviews and have discussions.

One reason I'm suggesting this is, the only reason I went to the Victor Wooten concert was because I saw psychotropic's post here on HFV, but I might have missed it if I hadn't been rooting around in the General Chit-Chat section :)

Or am I just the laziest person here?

Last edited:
Just a suggestion:

Should there be a separate section under Community Centre (or Source Material!) for live music events where members could post info about new concerts or events that may not be widely reported in the media? Folk could later post their reviews and have discussions.

One reason I'm suggesting this is, the only reason I went to the Victor Wooten concert was because I saw psychotropic's post here on HFV, but I might have missed it if I hadn't been rooting around in the General Chit-Chat section :)

Or am I just the laziest person here?

I have missed every concert in my city in the last 10 years due to this. And only end up reading reviews of events that already happened. Sigh!

A more useful idea would be for HFV to provide a calendering solution where members can self invite themselves to their Google calendar with the click of a button. And it should be categorized by a broad genre like western classical, rock, Carnatic, Hindustani etc. The same page should provide a map of the hall along with contact details of venue/booking office.

Hmm ok you are just bouncing ideas. Sorry to over indulge ... :)

Cheers

I have missed every concert in my city in the last 10 years due to this. And only end up reading reviews of events that already happened. Sigh!

A more useful idea would be for HFV to provide a calendering solution where members can self invite themselves to their Google calendar with the click of a button. And it should be categorized by a broad genre like western classical, rock, Carnatic, Hindustani etc. The same page should provide a map of the hall along with contact details of venue/booking office.

Hmm ok you are just bouncing ideas. Sorry to over indulge ... :)

Cheers

I sympathize, I'm a diehard blue-skyer myself :) Well the map thing's already there on sites like bookmyshow.com. And I think HFV would take a dim view of members requesting plug-in web apps! Though I was mulling a city-wise database/multi-dimensional spreadsheet on gear sourcing (what/where/how much) based on all the info in various threads. But I guess it would be way too tedious to maintain with any level of detail and integrity...

I was just thinking of a exclusively "live music" section where members could point to wherever bookings can be made for upcoming shows that they know about. And then whoever attends the show can post their reviews for the benefit (and envy) of all who couldn't :) For instance, I knew of the Renga Ensemble show because of a newsletter from the British Council Library. I saw no ads anywhere in the media.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back