Adding Bluetooth Option for Pioneer DV-2032K DVD Player

talk2punith

Hi Hifivision Forum Members,

Trust you are doing well

My name is Punith & I'm from Chennai. I own a Pioneer DV-2032K DVD Player. I would like to add a Bluetooth feature for the player. My requirement is to listen songs. I wanted members feedback for the following.

1. Adding a external dongle or Bluetooth chipset inside a the DVD Player

2. If external dongle is advisable, which brand or type I need to buy (Retail shops or Online)

3. If internal Bluetooth chip is advisable to be installed, please let me know where I can get genuine parts & getting it installed in Chennai.

If members have any other feedback, please do let me know. Thank you.

Regards,
Punith

@talk2punith - I can't help you with installation of a BT chip inside the player but I can recommend for the other option. I have no experience with this particular DVD player - does this have an input for additional devices and what kind? If it has RCA, you can get pretty much anything with an RCA out.

There are plenty of good options out there - depending on your budget. Auris Blume HD is one of my favorites and is around 9.5K odd - it has a built in DAC (not sure which one) APTX/HD/HD LL and BT 5.0. Sounds smooth and sweet. Nyrius is another one, but I ran into a few issues with one of them (I had 2). There are a few more, but I can't recommend any others.

@chander thank you for the feedback. The player has USB and RCA output. For audio, I have connected the DVD player to the Amp through COAXIAL and for video , I am.using the yellow slot for video output.

Attachments

• 20210323_202439.jpg
    20210323_202439.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 16
Hey @talk2punith - these are the outputs on the DVD player, we need to have a look at the inputs! What kind of devices it can accept as a pass-thru. If it has any inputs.

Also can you please explain how do you listen to music? Are there any speakers or you are using or is it TV audio?If you are using speakers how are they connected to this whole setup?

Are you wanting to use the DVD player to transmit Bluetooth signal so that you can listen on your headphones or for it to accept other Bluetooth sources?

As Bluetooth Source:

Adding a Bluetooth transmitter is the simplest solution.
Most transmitters come with analogue and toslink inputs, and rarely coax.

Aurus Blume is a receiver n not transmitter, so will not work for your scenario.

There are umpteen transmitters available with aptx HD. There is one Fiio transmitter that also has LDAC codec support.

Also some models of transmitters also can be used as receivers.

That said, you cannot convert it to a Bluetooth receiver as it has no digital or analogue inputs.

Hey @talk2punith - these are the outputs on the DVD player, we need to have a look at the inputs! What kind of devices it can accept as a pass-thru. If it has any inputs.

Also can you please explain how do you listen to music? Are there any speakers or you are using or is it TV audio?If you are using speakers how are they connected to this whole setup?
Hi @chander, the input for the DVD Player is through DVD tray and a USB port. The output of the DVD player is connected through COAXIAL cable to AV Receiver. Please find the attached images.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210324_132643.jpg
    thumbnail_20210324_132643.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail_20210324_132657.jpg
    thumbnail_20210324_132657.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 13
Are you wanting to use the DVD player to transmit Bluetooth signal so that you can listen on your headphones or for it to accept other Bluetooth sources?

As Bluetooth Source:

Adding a Bluetooth transmitter is the simplest solution.
Most transmitters come with analogue and toslink inputs, and rarely coax.

Aurus Blume is a receiver n not transmitter, so will not work for your scenario.

There are umpteen transmitters available with aptx HD. There is one Fiio transmitter that also has LDAC codec support.

Also some models of transmitters also can be used as receivers.

That said, you cannot convert it to a Bluetooth receiver as it has no digital or analogue inputs.
Hello @Kannan The player I am currently using was source of input (DVD Tray or USB Port). The output of the player has been COAXIAL cable connected to Onkyo Amplifier.

@talk2punith - I completely missed the part mentioned above and assumed it is for receiving. As @Kannan asked - if you are looking for a transmitter rather than receiver, then we are looking at a different solution altogether. What do you want to use the BT function for? You want to transmit or receive? That will make things different.

Transmit - If you want the DVD player to play your USB/CD music and use it to transmit to your headphones or other BT speakers in the house?
Receive - You want to use the DVD player as a BT receiver to play music from your phone or DAP?

@talk2punith - I completely missed the part mentioned above and assumed it is for receiving. As @Kannan asked - if you are looking for a transmitter rather than receiver, then we are looking at a different solution altogether. What do you want to use the BT function for? You want to transmit or receive? That will make things different.

Transmit - If you want the DVD player to play your USB/CD music and use it to transmit to your headphones or other BT speakers in the house?
Receive - You want to use the DVD player as a BT receiver to play music from your phone or DAP?
Hello @chander I am looking for "Transmit" option. Play from phone so the Bluetooth Transmitter feeds signal to the DVD unit. The output is already taken care through COAXIAL unit which is feed to AV receiver.

I might be getting this completely wrong, but you have an AV receiver? If yes and your AVR doesn't have a BT option, you can just hook up the BT receiver (LIke Auris Blume HD) to the receiver directly, no need to fiddle with your DVD unit.

Hello @chander I am looking for "Transmit" option. Play from phone so the Bluetooth Transmitter feeds signal to the DVD unit. The output is already taken care through COAXIAL unit which is feed to AV receiver.
In this case, Phone transmits the signal, you need a receiver which than feeds to DVD player / AVR.

As indicated in previous comment, best is to directly connect such Bluetooth receiver to your AVR if your AVR is not having BT functionality.

Hi @chander , @jbkakadiya , @Kannan thank you for the feedback. I will check upon Auris Blume HD as mentioned by @chander. I am able to understand the difference between transmitter & receiver now. This should bring closure for the discussion. Going forward if I have any doubt, we can reopen the thread again. Thank You all

You need a BT receiver which has both , analog and digital out. When you use its analog out to AVR, converter inside the receiver will do the job. When using digital out of BT receiver, avr DA converter will do the job. Simply bypass DVD player.
If you want DVD player to do DAC job, then need to check a BT receiver with USB out which can be plugged in to DVD players USB in.
Check this

Not sure if it has USB out.

Last edited:
I know this is a very late response, but there is a bluetooth device from Astell & Kern called AK XB 10.
You can get it from Headphonezone.in.
I used it to convert my JBL Receiver to make it bluetooth enabled. Now I am using it in my Car.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back