Adding Power Amp to Integrated Amp

eddiek

I have a Onkyo A-9050 Integrated Amp hooked up to Klipsch KG-2's, and Bose 201's,
the Klipsch sounds stronger. (No separation). Can I hook up a Mini Fosi power amp with separate volume,treble and base to my pre-out and run my Bose thru that and my Klipsch thru the Onkyo to get better separation? I want to use the volume on the Onkyo to push the Klipsch and The Fosi to push the Bose. Will the volume knobs be independent? will this work. Thanks

Are both speakers gonna be co-hosted in the same location but used in mutually exclusively mode?
If so, Onkyo has line out that can be connected to Fosi amp driving the Bose speaker pair.
All sources may still be hosted on Onkyo.

Turn off the speaker output on Onkyo when using Fosi+Bose.
Turn off Fosi when using Onkyo+Klipsch.

Cheers,
Raghu

Are both speakers gonna be co-hosted in the same location but used in mutually exclusively mode?
If so, Onkyo has line out that can be connected to Fosi amp driving the Bose speaker pair.
All sources may still be hosted on Onkyo.

Turn off the speaker output on Onkyo when using Fosi+Bose.
Turn off Fosi when using Onkyo+Klipsch.

Cheers,
Raghu

I just want to know if I can turn up both volumes on Onkyo and Fosi And have music come out of both both speaker sets at the same time Ed

Hmmm ...
Why? It may just sound strange.
But yes you can try it. Onkyo line out to Fosi line in though.
Cheers,
Raghu

I have both pair of speakers hooked up to my Onkyo and when played separately they sound great, but when Played together The Klipsch sound so much fuller than the Bose
they overpower them. By giving each pair it’s own power amp and volume control I think I can get them all dialed in so they sound great together. I have Bluetooth hooked up on my Onkyo and I play music digitally through my iPhone once the volume is perfectly set for each pair I think I can use my Master volume on my iPhone to enjoy both pair in harmony.
What do you think? Ed

Well you can try. It just takes an extra pair of RCA cable from Onkyo to Fosi (assuming you have this unit already)
Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back