Adding Sub to JBL 104-BT

esobaki

Hi Members,

I recently ordered JBL-104BT speakers from Flipkart for my hackintosh (for 8K) replacing my SWANS M200MKii, i am no Audiophile but wanted to check if there is a way to add subwoofer to these without audio interface? If yes, then which sub would go well with these speakers

A bit ghetto, but should work decently.

Buy an active sub with stereo inputs . Use a stereo splitter

One output of the splitter goes to the speaker other goes to sub

This solution will not work for the bluetooth inputs

Thanks for the response, are you suggesting something like below (got this on one of the reddit post)

View attachment 58582
No. If you're not able to understand out the difference between the two, then I'm worried you may screw up the implementation of what I'm recommending.

I would suggest you seek help from a professional or someone who knows their way around this stuff

Hi Members,

I recently ordered JBL-104BT speakers from Flipkart for my hackintosh (for 8K) replacing my SWANS M200MKii, i am no Audiophile but wanted to check if there is a way to add subwoofer to these without audio interface? If yes, then which sub would go well with these speakers
You can do it two ways depending on the inputs on your active subwoofer. You can either go high level (speaker outputs of amp or from the speaker terminals) or low level (RCA inputs from preamp or source).

I see that these JBLs are not very high powered, so your are better off using the RCA outputs from your source to the RCA input of your subwoofer as the speaker outputs will not have enough AC voltage/current to drive the subwoofers.
Some subwoofers incorporate paralleled or crossovered RCA outputs. In such cases you just need to run a pair of RCA from source to sub and from sub to amp (in your case the active JBLs).

If the subwoofer only has one RCA input, then use two RCA splitters pictured as below to run a cable from source to the subwoofer and amplifier (JBls).

rca splitter.jpg

Hope this helps.

You can do it two ways depending on the inputs on your active subwoofer. You can either go high level (speaker outputs of amp or from the speaker terminals) or low level (RCA inputs from preamp or source).

I see that these JBLs are not very high powered, so your are better off using the RCA outputs from your source to the RCA input of your subwoofer as the speaker outputs will not have enough AC voltage/current to drive the subwoofers.
Some subwoofers incorporate paralleled or crossovered RCA outputs. In such cases you just need to run a pair of RCA from source to sub and from sub to amp (in your case the active JBLs).

If the subwoofer only has one RCA input, then use two RCA splitters pictured as below to run a cable from source to the subwoofer and amplifier (JBls).

View attachment 58583

Hope this helps.
Great Thanks understood now.. need to select subwoofer carefully.

Any suggestions on subwoofer which has paralleled RCA outputs? Below seems to be good option but too costly, do you know any cheap options?

Any suggestions on subwoofer which has paralleled RCA outputs? Below seems to be good option but too costly, do you know any cheap options?
Seriously, there are many around. Check in JBL same series if they have any.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back