Advance Acoustic Amplifier

krishpiscean

Anyone heard of advanced acoustic amplifier MAP 101. It is entry level class A/AB with 45 watts for AB. It also boasts of a toroidal transformer.

Limited literature on net, any personal experiences would be helpful.

I heard it during a audition @Decibel Chennai... It sounded pretty nice for its price of 20K.... though I must reveal it was my first 2.0 setup audition ;)

But I can remember it was paired with Quad Bookshelves and sounded quite musical...

Raghu from Decibel has pretty high opinion about these... he wanted me to listen to these against Yamaha A-S500 and his odds were in favor of Advance Acoustic :)

We have chosen the Advance Acoustic set of products as our budget range of products. We have tried these amps with a lot of speakers including Sonus Faber, Martin Logan, EPOS, Revel. The AA amps do sound very nice.

We have the MAX150 on demo. At a low price of about 30K, you get 55 watts per channel, Class A upto 10 watts, M Phono, and USB Input.

The service support from AA is exemplary. We get immediate replacement of the unit if there is even a sign of trouble. This is very important for us to keep our clients happy.

AA amps have a solid build quality, precise imaging, and a big soundstage.

Cheers

Last edited:
I hear the AA amp (forgot the model MAP something IIRC) at Nova Audio Mumbai almost 6 years ago. They were driving a pair of Triangle speakers and playing Pro-ject Debut III. I remember the sound being full and warm, perhaps it was the TT but I liked the sound. The Highs and Lows were a bit lopped off at the extremes but the mids were fantastic.

Anyone did a comparison test with other known brands like denon/NAD/Marantz etc

I heard an AA class AB amp from the 50k price bracket back in march. I was impressed it had USB connectivity (I dont know what DAC it uses) I don't recall the model number but I was comparing it against the Cambridge Audio Azur 840a class XT AMP which is from double the price band in value, on the following speakers: Jamo e875, Paradigm 7 9, B&W's from the 1.2 and 2 lakh price bracket. Source was cambridge audio azur 740c with dual channel wolf dacs

These were my impressions:

Advance acoustic Class AB amp Original value 55k INR (Around that)

- Wide soundstage
- Good precision of sound

- Good connectivity
- Details MERCILESSLY lost to distortion of Class AB amplification
- Not neutral, heavy inclination towards clinical sound
- Tight bass but not bass heavy

Verdict : Advance Acoustic Class AB amp is ok as a common everyday passive listening amp and has a sound that will attract people

Cambridge Audio Azur 840a Class XT amp Original value 85k INR (Now replaced with 851a at 1.1Lakh)

- Small soundstage
- Poor precision of sound

- Poor common man connectivity options but has balanced input for advanced users
- VERY detailed, content rich sound
- Almost neutral but gently leans towards a round warmth with elegance and detail
- Slow Bass with poor but playful grip

Verdict : CA 840a is a difficult amplifier to pair with most mass market speakers. It's got amazing potential but unlike other amp's which are forgiving and punch through the bad qualities of a speaker, the CA840a will perform quite horribly if not paired with a neutral Speaker. The fact that it sounded quite horrible on paradigm and b&w's right up to the 2 lakh price bracket but sounds like bliss on the Jamo e875 is a testament to it's dependence on synergy.

Last edited:
We have chosen the Advance Acoustic set of products as our budget range of products. We have tired these amps with a lot of speakers including Sonus Faber, Martin Logan, EPOS, Revel. The AA amps do sound very nice.

We have the MAX150 on demo. At a low price of about 30K, you get 55 watts per channel, Class A upto 10 watts, M Phono, and USB Input.

The service support from AA is exemplary. We get immediate replacement of the unit if there is even a sign of trouble. This is very important for us to keep our clients happy.

Cheers

so they tire easily when paired with the mentioned speakers??? :D:rolleyes:

We have chosen the Advance Acoustic set of products as our budget range of products. We have tired these amps with a lot of speakers including Sonus Faber, Martin Logan, EPOS, Revel. The AA amps do sound very nice.

Cheers

And a remote possibly ? :)

Does anyone own the AA MAX 150? It looks within my budget, and specs seem good and I like the looks. I don't think i'll be able to audition this in Mumbai? I was thinking of getting Boston Acoustics A360 speakers with this. ANy suggestions or recommendations for this amp? The other option was a Marantz PM5004 or PM6004

Check out with Nova Audio, Mahim. They do AA. And Heco speakers. And ProJects.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back