Advice needed for a receiver for B&W 600 series 3 speakers

K4Y

Hi,

i Really need some help choosing a receiver for my speakers. I have

B&W 602 S3 (for front)
B&W LCR60 S3 (for center)
B&W 600 S3 (for back surround)

At the moment am looking at yamaha RX-V671 and yamaha RX-A810 not sure which one to go for. I will be using it for movies and games only. Thanks

What is your budget?

If you can swing it, you can consider the following. They will all be a very good match for your speakers

( 1 ) Arcam AVR 400 seamless setup with very high quality Neutral and non-clinical sound
( 2 ) Rotel RSX-1550 seamless but little bright sounding
( 3 ) NAD T 765 / T 757 seamless but on a slightly warmer side with a slightly veiled feel of the sound that can be lacking in the leading edge of dynamics

What is your budget?

If you can swing it, you can consider the following. They will all be a very good match for your speakers

( 1 ) Arcam AVR 400 seamless setup with very high quality Neutral and non-clinical sound
( 2 ) Rotel RSX-1550 seamless but little bright sounding
( 3 ) NAD T 765 / T 757 seamless but on a slightly warmer side with a slightly veiled feel of the sound that can be lacking in the leading edge of dynamics

Hi,

thanks for your reply. My budget is 550

I have been offered a B&W ASW 675 for 365 do you guy's think i should go ahead with this and buy it

But between the yamaha rxv 671 or yamaha rxa 810 which one do you guy's think is better. Plus i have been offered a b&w asw 675 sub for 365 should i buy this sub for this price thanks

If you are open to used you may get them off eBay for near your budget.
The reason it might be better to go for higher rung receivers like these is to be able to drive the B&W s to their fullest.

Also, B&W speakers sound better when bi-wired. So you may prefer to run them that way. Any 12 or 14 AWG wire with good quality copper should do.

But between the yamaha rxv 671 or yamaha rxa 810 which one do you guy's think is better. Plus i have been offered a b&w asw 675 sub for 365 should i buy this sub for this price thanks

check out the bkelec.com, they are a british company making pretty good subs. There is no need to go for a sub from the same company that made your speakers.

Thanks guy's for your reply's i have bought the yamaha rx-a810 the only two problem am having now is when i connect my htpc to receiver to a 23inch tv i can not get the full windows screen no mater what but when i connect it the same way to my projector no problem at all any idea. Plus i have to give the full volume to get the sound. I used there ypao setup

My new AVR has bi-amp for the front two speakers. If i bi-amp the two front speakers will this improve the sound. And any anyone know any good speaker wire for the b&w 600 series s3 speakers thanks

Back