Advice on Pioneer VSX 832 over Yamaha 481

shankara.kris

Guys,

Please help me on this.
Does anyone have auditioned pioneer vsx 832 to advice if its worth considering over Yamaha RX V 481 or 483?

Pioneer 832 released this year and supports lots of features including atmos and dts x (3.1.2 set up) where as Yamaha just a 5.1 set up.

I could not find any review for pioneer but it is currently being sold in hifimart.
I would appreciate if someone who has had this receiver to share the experience thus far to enable me make informed decision.

I watch tv and movies mostly so not thinking about Yamaha too much but caveat is the atmos and dts x in 3.1.2 set up lures me to look up to Pioneer 832.

Vsx 832 and rxv483 are both 5.1 channel. Vsx 832 can do 3.1.2 and 5.1 but never 5.1.2 like rxv 581 or vsx1131.
In 3.1.2, you can have 2 ceiling speakers but have to sacrifice the surround speakers. In my opinion, it is not very useful. If you really want dolby Atmos and have the provision to install all those speakers, then go for the higher models I mentioned.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your views Rocket.

My opinion is that, the price point pioneer vsx 832 comes at is very attractive with the bonus factor of dolby atmost and dts x features which is non existent in Yamaha RXV 481 or 483 models. Pioneer vsx 832 is being sold at 40k in hifimart whereas Yamaha 481 is around 46k (htstore, jamsticks etc) - which is higher than pioneer. I am not really interested in installing speakers overhead as I believe traditional 5.1 is more than enough for home entertainment.

In terms of quality both are good amps since pioneer is from mid range and uses 384khz / 32 bit DAC similar to Onkyo 474 or higher models. However, Yamaha has its own standalone performance which also serves the music world better than Pioneer but it is overpriced! Infact Onkyo's 474 is amirror of vsx 832 but it is priced at 50k! Am not looking for alternatives since there is no authorized service centers in my hometown for other models (onkyo, denon, sony, marantz etc)just pioneer and yamaha.

so overall am just concerned about below
1. pioneer VSX is a new guy of 2017 but dont have any review yet and thus leaves me with a dilemma
2. the price point argues me to lean towards pioneer 832 over yamaha 481
3. pioneer's warranty is 1 year whereas yamaha's warranty is 2 years.

Yamaha is also 1 yr warranty (at least in India). And 481/483 is available at 40k approx from Yamaha showroom or Profx. If you call up Htstore, probably he will also give in this price. You will get Yamaha 581 within 45k probably. That will be a true Dolby Atmos receiver.
The Dolby atmos in vsx 832 is not worth it in my opinion as you have to compromise on surround speakers and you yourself are not keen on installing ceiling speakers. However, it will work fine as 5.1 reciever like 481/483.

Pioneer 832 released this year and supports lots of features including atmos and dts x (3.1.2 set up) where as Yamaha just a 5.1 set up.

This is a very interesting feature for the price..

I could not find any review for pioneer but it is currently being sold in hifimart.

Don't rely on reviews.. if that is what is affordable in your budget, pick it..

I watch tv and movies mostly so not thinking about Yamaha too much but caveat is the atmos and dts x in 3.1.2 set up lures me to look up to Pioneer 832.

My opinion is that, the price point pioneer vsx 832 comes at is very attractive with the bonus factor of dolby atmost and dts x features which is non existent in Yamaha RXV 481 or 483 models. Pioneer vsx 832 is being sold at 40k in hifimart whereas Yamaha 481 is around 46k (htstore, jamsticks etc) - which is higher than pioneer.

Sure.. It is..

I am not really interested in installing speakers overhead as I believe traditional 5.1 is more than enough for home entertainment.

If not overheads, then consider alternate speaker location (front heights) is easily doable as it is over your front speakers..

In terms of quality both are good amps since pioneer is from mid range and uses 384khz / 32 bit DAC

It may be hard to differentiate between 384khz / 32 bit DAC Vs 192/24 DAC without looking into specs..

You will get Yamaha 581 within 45k probably. That will be a true Dolby Atmos receiver.

This is a good suggestion..

Try to look for last year 7.2 models if it can be accommodated near your budget..

If not, then 832 is a very good choice as it is supports flexible layout..

If you happen to pick the 832, try both 3.1.2 & the standard 5.1 layout and settle for the one whichever offers immersive experience..

Thanks Elango / rocket for sharing your views and suggestions.
I will check with the stores around in Bangalore and see what they gotta say and update the review here if I happened to buy Pioneer vsx 832.

Cheers,
Shankara

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back