Advice on Sennheiser HD-558 and HD-598

Hi,
I don't know the 558, but have had the 598 for four plus years now. Its a fine headphone especially for western classical. I also have the Beyer DT 880, and even though that is a superior head phone in terms of attack and even refinement, I still like listening to the Sennheiser 598. Very comfortable too.

The bass from X3 gen 1 (on low gain) + HD 558 firmed up in a subtle but pleasing way for me on adding an amp. Fiio E12 in my case.

Not a necessity, but nice. Try it if you get a chance.

My Combo :

Chord Mojo ($599) + VE RA2 ($350) + HD650 ($400) Or VE Black Zen Earbud($350) ===>> Pure Bliss

I didn't include my Oneplus one mobile and Cardas interconnect in the chain !

Last edited:
I'm getting the 598se unboxed for 5.8k,refurbished for 5.5k and used for 3.8k should i buy these???? and are they a good enough first buy for a newbie like me. Thanks for the help. :)

I'm getting the 598se unboxed for 5.8k,refurbished for 5.5k and used for 3.8k should i buy these???? and are they a good enough first buy for a newbie like me. Thanks for the help. :)

Can you share where exactly are you getting these quotes from ?

Recently bought my first pair of headphones ever. The Philips 9500. Never expected them to sound so good. Try looking up their reviews, some have compared them to the 598.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back