Advise On B&W 683S2 Speakers And Matching Amplifier

INSANE. Yes you are right. These speakers are great. But really need power and breathing space. I will work out again. But seems with the B&W and a suitable amp I will cross my budget. As already spent 2.0 on B&W home theater setup.

Dear FMs. I sincerely thank you for helping me with suggestions and guidance. I guess now it's upto me to finally decide on what budget to work on, audition and take a final call. I will definitely keep you all posted on my final buy. Thanks.

A colleague of mine is suggesting the AUDIOVECTOR or KEF Powered speakers. Any ideas on Audiovector. MPW has already suggested KEF LS50.

Heard about AudioVector.....i am sure there are other powered speskers like Quads, Cambridge Audio, etc,....many dealers in Mumbai...so audition and decide...

The Den - Worli
Sound Out - Heera Panna (meet Irfan)
Fair Deal - Crawford Market / SantaCruz (ask for Imran)
MZ Audio - Bandra (ask for Sayyed)
HifiMart - Colaba - Mr Anil
Total Home Theatres - Nariman Point (Darius)

Do look up LS50 Actives. With your budget of 1.5L, unless you are getting the speakers dirt cheap, I doubt you can manage the amp+speaker combo within the budget :) Hence, if you are going to go beyond the 1.5L mark, look up the LS50 A. They retail for 1.9L and I am sure you will get a decent discount of 10-15% hopefully (I don't know the current going rate of discounts). They sound amazing and the sound signature is not recessed, just like how B&Ws are forward sounding. Plus, they take care of the speaker+amp+DAC requirement plus digital inputs. You may upgrade the DAC in the chain later on if it is not up to mark.

Dear Milestone. Yes you are right. I will audition both. But I guess the kef is sounding more for my needs and budget. Will audition both though

Dear Dillihifi.
Tks. I went through your review. The speakers are no doubt excellent but the whole setup will cross my budget way beyond my stretchable limits.

@ ABRAM
What I meant was that you can consider the amp for these speakers you are in the process of picking up. ;)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back