AE A5 Design Flaw: speaker upgrade

audiodelic

Well the audioengines are running really hot, the heatsink design is not too good it does not dissipate the heat out of the speaker efficiently.In my opinion this is a better design for monitors i think.the heat has a pathway to escape out.

Maybe its just the type of music i listen it has a constant fast bass beats which asks quite a bit from the ampllifier.Although ive rarely managed to activate the over heat protection in my audio engines a5 i think i need more power. I feel the need for good tower speakers after spending long sessions with my RBH sound MC-6CT Towers in hyderabad.The multiple drivers give it a huge sound stage and compared to my audioengines.

So the plan is to hook up the Beresford Caiman DAC using its volume control directly to the emotiva upa2 which i can buy for 24,000 via borderlinx.

The main question is the speakers one strong contender are the Telome BT-300 towers mainly for dual 8 inch drivers and a dedicated mid range.

Which other tower speakers are known for clean unadulterated bass ?

Last edited:
All this nice gear to drive telome's? The sure way to get pure quality bass is any size of room, is to use a high quality subwoofer based speaker system, place the subwoofer in the corner of the room and align all the controls for the subwoofer as well as you can

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back