My First DIY MLTL Speaker Build

This material has much higher modulus of elasticity than PE and PP...These Port Tubes do not yield as the PE/PP Port Tubes.

When I say Overkill, a Port Tube of 90 mm ID and 100 mm length is capable of supporting a rotating shaft of an industrial equipment with a working load in excess of 12 tons !

Wow I dont see a bass reflex port's tube needing to be this strong.

Veneer is always thinner than plywood backed decorative ply. It is sliced very thin( since decorative veneers are expensive) sometimes 0.3mm, and is usually paper backed..

The Veneer measures 0.66 mm in thickness.

A friend of mine distributed plys and veneer for Truwood. He told me that Their veneer is 0.6mm thick. Another company called Turakhia something (their brand is Natural Veneers) also confirmed thickness of 0.5-0.6mm. Since veneer is natural and has so much variation both suggested visiting a local dealer (in my case Jalaram Veneer and Flooring in Prabhadevi) and seeing the exact sheets before making choices.

Since veneer is natural and has so much variation both suggested visiting a local dealer (in my case Jalaram Veneer and Flooring in Prabhadevi) and seeing the exact sheets before making choices.

Navin,

It is absolutely vital for one to select the Veneer with personal inspection. If you need more than one sheet then matching them will be equally or more important.

If you have time, you could also Order Veneer of choice, if you don't approve what is available off the shelf.

Jayant

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back