affordable audio in delhi / noida

vaibhav

Hello
I'm glad to find this forum existing and so active. Now, i read through most of the responses on dealerships, etc. and it seems that there's a greater variety in Bangalore, mumbai and chennai for those who're seeking budget level audio.
I live in Noida and looking to set up a 2 channel sound system for about 30K (entry level amp + small speakers). I live in an apartment so cant turn up the volume too much for courtsey's sake (though i wish my neighbors also install a volume control on their children).
Given my tight budget, I have a few questions:
1. Where in Noida or south delhi can i find Yamaha? I have listened to yamaha (another point of time in Chennai while listening to Torvin speakers) and thought they would make some affordable compromise for my budget. Any other recommendations for the amplifier would be welcome too.
2. Is there good second hand market in delhi? By good, i mean the items on sale should be genuine. I could deal with an individual or dealer - both are OK given my very restrictive budget.
3. I suppose i would spend about 20 k on the amplifier - rest on speakers. So what speakers should i go for and where do i find them in delhi / noida? I recall reading on this forum that high end Indian speakers would be better than entry level foreign brands. So any recommendations?
many thanks in advance.
Vaibhav

Vaibhav - audio in Noida sucks. There is a lousy shop in sector 18 next to a noisy pub who keep marantz ,JBL etc. Guys there know nothing about audio.

I don't know about Yamaha but Onkyo is available in CR park/Outer ring road crossing ( on main road ). If you are planning for a 5.1 then it is quite nice. But if you are planning for a 2 channel audio only set up then i would look at others like Cambridge audio etc which make decent stuff for budget set ups.

Avoid 2nd hand if possible unless from a known frioend/source. Indian brands mostly are quite ordinary.
Go for a cambridge Audio amp and tannoy bookshelves F1 customs . Both are available at CR park.

Cambrisge audio with FX entertainment in CR park
Tannoy with Sunny ( accoustic Arts @ Cr park too ) - you can find both there details at web sites of Tannoy/krell and cambrisge Audio

Last edited:
Hey Saurabh
Thanks for the prompt response! I will check out CA+Tannoy and maybe onkyo as well (since usage is likely to be mixed - if i can manage the wiring and the set up to switch between movies and music).
Have you seen any NAD available here? I am under the impression that the old C320 is a relatively cheaper amp (20 k range?).
thanks again
:)
Vaibhav

Hey Saurabh
Thanks for the prompt response! I will check out CA+Tannoy and maybe onkyo as well (since usage is likely to be mixed - if i can manage the wiring and the set up to switch between movies and music).
Have you seen any NAD available here? I am under the impression that the old C320 is a relatively cheaper amp (20 k range?).
thanks again
:)
Vaibhav

Not seen Nad anywhere here. Basically Delhi NCR has quite a sad audio scene. Very few Audio outlets. Most dont know Bass from treble.:D

Hi,
I tried reaching Sunny but no success :( - will try to check FX audio. Any other outlets that are local. I've also gone on other threads and contacted cinebels in chennai - they are quite price competitive. But then, i would end up buying without listening to the piece which is a Biiiiiiiiiiiiiig risk in my book.
So, in case you can think of any other dealers out here, do send me a note (PM) or post here.
cheers!
Vaibhav

You can visit A2v in the City select mall but there nothing is affordable. The only affordable 2 channel stuff they have is Rotel which is not that good.

Did you try E mailing or calling Sunny ? Should not be a problem unless he is not in town.

Hi,
I called him but it was busy. He hasnt called back yet - ill call again sometime. I got some quotations on CA amplifier from Fx entertainment which sounds lucrative. Pro Acoustics has only marantz which was more expensive (34K) and a denon which was 27K.
What do you think of Onkyo - they have a reciever less than 20K - which will do double duty ....
-- Vaibhav

Last edited:
. Basically Delhi NCR has quite a sad audio scene. Very few Audio outlets. Most dont know Bass from treble.:D

I observed that Delhi has passion for auto,fashion,booze, car rage,money,politics and even crime ! but no passion for audio .The audio dealers are literally mum (indifferent) when you try to get your doubt answered.

In general you have to display your wealth if you want attention from any shop in Delhi

or you must say

" jantha thu meri bap kon hai ? " (hilarious ad from pepsi)

regards,

vjc

Hello
I'm glad to find this forum existing and so active. Now, i read through most of the responses on dealerships, etc. and it seems that there's a greater variety in Bangalore, mumbai and chennai for those who're seeking budget level audio.
I live in Noida and looking to set up a 2 channel sound system for about 30K (entry level amp + small speakers). I live in an apartment so cant turn up the volume too much for courtsey's sake (though i wish my neighbors also install a volume control on their children).
Given my tight budget, I have a few questions:
1. Where in Noida or south delhi can i find Yamaha? I have listened to yamaha (another point of time in Chennai while listening to Torvin speakers) and thought they would make some affordable compromise for my budget. Any other recommendations for the amplifier would be welcome too.
2. Is there good second hand market in delhi? By good, i mean the items on sale should be genuine. I could deal with an individual or dealer - both are OK given my very restrictive budget.
3. I suppose i would spend about 20 k on the amplifier - rest on speakers. So what speakers should i go for and where do i find them in delhi / noida? I recall reading on this forum that high end Indian speakers would be better than entry level foreign brands. So any recommendations?
many thanks in advance.
Vaibhav

Considering your budget and location issues, I think you should take a demo of CA and Mordaunt Short at FX entertainment. It should fit your bill.
Contact Tutu: 9818666077,
40/46, C R Park
New Delhi 110019
India

This place near to Onyko. You can give him my reference.

You can buy Yamaha from Lajpat rai market.
He has small demo room as well and also deals in Marantz, Denon, Polk, Mission,Wharfedale.
Good Guy, gives u genuine stuff but a little expensive from market. You may give him my reference as well.

Sumit

thanks. I actually spoke with Shane (maybe its the same person?) today at Fx entertainment and he suggested the same combo of CA+MS or even CAs own speakers.

@ previous poster - i did live in chennai for some time (Few months) and regret not picking up audio components from there. I guess i just wanted to come back closer home quickly then. Anyways, yes, Chennai is certainly amazing place in terms of variety and 'service' attitude when it comes to hi-fi and other electronics.

Hi,
I called him but it was busy. He hasnt called back yet - ill call again sometime. I got some quotations on CA amplifier from Acoustic Arts which sounds lucrative. Pro Acoustics has only marantz which was more expensive (34K) and a denon which was 27K.
What do you think of Onkyo - they have a reciever less than 20K - which will do double duty ....
-- Vaibhav

Please share the details. I'm also in Noida looking for a budget stereo setup just like you :)

Here's all that i found so far:
Hope this helps !!

At FX entertainment:
C340A - 17500 (vat paid)
C340ASE - 19600 (vat paid)
MS902i - 14000 (vat paid)

At Nakamichi Store, Khan Market:
marantz PM7003 - 75*2 - 34K
Denon PMA700A -75*2 - 27k

At ProAcoustics:
Polk - floorstanders - Monitor50,60 - 28000.

happy hunting :yahoo:

Last edited:
thanks. I actually spoke with Shane (maybe its the same person?) today at Fx entertainment and he suggested the same combo of CA+MS or even CAs own speakers.

Shane is the owner of Fx entertainment. Tutu is the sales rep.
Do go there and take a demo. maybe you will like something.
And I think Fx entertainment shd will you better deal for CA/MS. Also, they provide good services.

Here's all that i found so far:
Hope this helps !!

At Acoustic Arts:
C340A - 17500 (vat paid)
C340ASE - 19600 (vat paid)
MS902i - 14000 (vat paid)

At Nakamichi Store, Khan Market:
marantz PM7003 - 75*2 - 34K
Denon PMA700A -75*2 - 27k

At ProAcoustics:
Polk - floorstanders - Monitor50,60 - 28000.

happy hunting :yahoo:

Accoustic arts would be Sunny right? does he do CA ?
MS is not so nice ( im being kind to MS :D ) .. The Tannoy F1 would be better any day.

Thanks Saurabh and Sumit

I ve edited the previous posts. The shop was Fx entertainment and i spoke with Shane. They do CA and MS but no tannoy. They also have CA speakers which i dont recall the model numbers of (S series, i think?)

Sunny hasnt picked up the call so far.

Hope i haven't confused hauntedhunter. :eek:

cheers!
Vaibhav

You could also get in touch with Mr. Sandeep Jain of M/s. Trinity Sound & Vision at 9818355422 and 9810610306 he is located at Rajouri Garden and deals in CA, Polk , Yahama, Denon. Give him my reference and compare the prices with him for anything you get In Delhi. He would also be able to offer you demo and suggest you suitable mathing Amp with Speakrs in your budget.

With Regards:
Ashish Kesarwani

Back