Affordable Speakers for Denon 1312

akhilkhanuja

Dear All,

This is my first post and i am a total newbie. I have used the legendary Logitech Z-5500 for 1.5 yrs and then decided to buy a proper HTIB.

My budget was strictly within 30K so after a lot of R&D and auditioning I shortlisted - Yamaha YHT 196/296/298, Onkyo 3400/3500 and Denon DHT 1312XP packages.

I ended up with Denon DHT-1312XP. My reasons for the same -Nice basic receiver capable of exoansion to 7.1 later, Nice 10Kg Active Sub.

I knew that I would be disappointed with the package sat speakers but I had planned to upgrade in a phased manner as budget is always a constraint.

I now want to change the fronts first, then a month later will change the centers. I will use the supplied satellites for sorround.

My usage is 70% Music - Source - is 100 GB of Music from my PC, Original Audio CDs played on a Sony BDP s-190 Blu-Ray player and content via USB too.

I am a bass freak & was never disappointed with the bass of my Z-5500's massive sub. The Denon sub by the way is nice too.

My budget for a pair of front speakers -

If Bookshelf - 15-16K and the choices are Sonodyne Sonus wooden bookshelves, Polk Tsi100 or Polk Tsi 200.

If Floorstanding - Sonodyne Sonus 2504 - cost 20800 MRP without any discount.

Gurus and respected veterans - Pls suggest which speakers would sound best with the Power which my AVR 1312 is capable of providing i.e. 75 Watts per ch on 8 ohms and 110 Watts per ch at 6 ohms.

Since I am from Kolkata Sonodyne is always nearby. ProFX is also near my house.

Hence I want Gurus and senior members to suggest the best sounding speaker from the choices mentioned above only.

Akhil.

Dada, my budget is very very tight. And I am not able to tolerate the bundled speakers any more !!

I had gone today to the Sonodyne Store @ Mani Sq Mall today and have listened to the Sonus 2504 FS along with the BS speakers Sonus 1501.

I must say that for the price of 12-13K the Sonus BS were pretty good. Listened to the same tracks on both the 1501 and 2504 and obviously as expected the 2504 sounded way way better than 1501 and could hold its own even without the subwoofer.

I told the store guy that I have a Denon 1312 AVR and he suggested not to go for Sonus 2605 as they require a more powerful amp.

He suggested that I stick to the 1501 BS or 2504 FS as they are rated at 65 W and 100 W respectively.

So keeping my budget in mind and my inclination to a Floorstanding speaker I am pretty much convinced that the Sonodyne 2504 is a good deal @ MRP of 20800 and a discount of 15%-20% before Durga Pujas or 26% flat in January.

What do you have to say. Budget is a constraint, and within 20K this sounds a great proposition as i want to get the most BANG from my buck.

sonodynes are no doubt good if budget is tight...
but for 1312 it is not suggested to run fs..
bs is easy..
you have a sub..so let it handle the bass..
whats your main usage..cinema or music..if music well yes fs is tempting..
why dont you try used speakers..i mean just asking

If taking the used path, a member from Kerala has a pair of Tannoy BS for sale.

Hertz another option. Made in Calcutta to your specifications. You could give those a try. Would be within your budget.

Hi shuv n prosenjit ! Thanks for taking interest.

Nt really comfy going the used way. The showroom person suggested that the sonus 2504 Fs Will play well well with Avr 1312.. My usage is 70% music n 30% movies/gaming.

I am ok with spending 18000-20000 on the sonodyne towers. They're worthy.

So keeping my budget in mind and my inclination to a Floorstanding speaker I am pretty much convinced that the Sonodyne 2504 is a good deal @ MRP of 20800 and a discount of 15%-20% before Durga Pujas or 26% flat in January.

Is this the price of a pair or individual set? Sorry for my ignorance.

Oh by the way how are the Jamo s426 towers as compared to the sonodyne 2504

Haven't heard the Jamo S426 so far... But looking @ the specs,

Sonodyne Sonus 2504 (91db) is 2db efficient then Jamo S426 (89db).. So easier to drive by an entry level amplifier..

Also Sonosyne Sonus 2504 is 8 Ohms load is easy for an amplifier to drive than the 6 Ohms load for Jamo S426...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back