Ahuja horn speaker as Atmos speaker

You mean the ones used at Pandals? LOL! They have a poor frequency response. Moreover, they would appear ugly inside ... :oops:

Can we use Ahuja horn speaker as Atmos speaker.
You mean the one we use in the TOP for high frequency? The one generally placed above the mid-bass 12-15" drivers? If yes, then I wouldn't recommend that as that will produce just high frequencies. Better to get/use any satellite speakers or you can use speakers comes with your old 2.1 PC speakers if spare.

Can we use Ahuja horn speaker as Atmos speaker.
I do not know much about the horn speaker types but I am sure they are not designed for HT application.

Typically, a pair of satellite speakers similar to the ones you are using for your surrounds would be a better choice for Atmos. There are different type of ceiling mounts available to hang satellite speakers on the ceiling as long as the speakers have a built-in provision for mounting like a thread hole or key hole.

Better to get/use any satellite speakers or you can use speakers comes with your old 2.1 PC speakers if spare.

The satellite speakers in 2.1 are just tinny, and not capable of handling even 4-5 watts, whereas Atmos speakers need to throw sound upwards, to be reflected down and hence need sturdy, heavy magnet speakers.

On a side note, does your system has connections for Atmos? If so, find out what ratings/specs/impedance it needs, only then you can think about.

Atmos speakers need to throw sound upwards, to be reflected down and hence need sturdy, heavy magnet speakers.
I guess it depends, I know some people who mounted the satellite speakers for Atmos on the roof, keeping the face downwards, also Atmos speakers are not always active sounding (even less than surrounds) so I think it should work.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back